Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Lazy? I leveled Beastmaster from 1 to 75 over many years using just charmed pets, both solo and groups 2-6, exclusively including only other Beastmasters. I've played Beastmaster in every possible situation. Unfortunately, you lack fundamental understanding of the Beastmaster job and from this point on, all of your posts are suspect. You're behaving as a shill. Beastmaster was nerfed and re-labelled as front-line DD without being given anything to support or justify that assertion.

If you don't see how little control we have our our pet's position, the monster's position, model sizes, you've never died as Beastmaster and lost 10,000 XP from a single K.O. ...and had to endure a 90-minute trek to your solitary XP camp.

You speak as if old-school Beastmasters don't know risk. Why are you even posting here if you quit in 2015? Give me a break.

Much smarter people have already figured out what Beastmaster needs. It's time for SE to respond.
    Ummm.....I was talking about lazy development.....LOL. I can see you are still upset that my play-style differs from yours. Well, keep venting, just don't expect anymore responses in someone else's thread about a topic in another thread.....

Back on topic.

I feel like summoned jugs can be a thing. Like, the BST has Bertha out, but is able to call out bigger pets to perform a damaging attack or buff, then leaves the screen. Similar to Lost Ark.

These creatures can range from a Scorpion whom can give a sharp strike boost, to Gabbraths. The BST can selection from a list of abilities to use. The monster uses it, then vanishes. Just a thought.
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    There is no convincing me distance nerf was intended or that it is beneficial.

• Some stopped playing BST because it was no longer fun.
    • Some protest but accepted it because they love the job.
    • Some feel it was something to master and gloat that it sets them apart from the majority players who don't want the restriction.

The truth is BST had been either fighting with their pets to speed things up or hanging back and letting pet widdle mobs down for a decade. If it was the incorrect way to play, it would have changed a long time ago.

The truth is that a very vocal minority of players protested so venomously that they created a pitchfork mob. Spreading propoganda because BST was becoming popular in PUGs.

The only reason BSTs were even used is because mobs had ridiculous combat stats, evasion and AoE damage. Better to use a pet with 4k HP and higher stats than players.

Things changed not because of the nerf. It changed because they nerfed mobs multiple times and gave us easy to get high stat gear like ambuscade to close the gap.

If they are willing to instantly revert WHM changes because it changed playstyle. Same should be for BST.
    (4)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    ^^Good points
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    There is no convincing me distance nerf was intended or that it is beneficial.
    If they are willing to instantly revert WHM changes because it changed playstyle. Same should be for BST.
    Thank you so much for saying this. I agree 100% with the entirety of your post.
    (2)

Character
    Okhryeny
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Bst distance was nerfed because before smn burns bst would get thrown on everything because you never had to worry about a wipe. But I'm sure you guys knew that since bst is your favorite job
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Okhryeny View Post
    Bst distance was nerfed because before smn burns bst would get thrown on everything because you never had to worry about a wipe. But I'm sure you guys knew that since bst is your favorite job
    OK, I'll bite. Then why not reduce Pet Ready distance while Unleash is in effect ....why reduce *EVERY* single JA to 7 yalms? You can't even consistently heal your pet, as the activation varies based the model size of you, your pet and monster. Come on now, this is ridiculous. Beastmaster needs a fix and this wasn't it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 11-24-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    It is a pride thing. There is nothing wrong with the BST suggestions, but the problem is, they did not come up with them lol. When do devs actually take an idea by the player & implement it? They usually do it, with a huge twist to put their imprint on it.

Saving face is a big deal. If the player knows the job, & can fix the job better than they can, it make them feel some type of way.

They would rather let BST fade into obscurity than fix it with suggestions that are not theirs. I seen this before with another Eastern mmo, called City of Heroes. The game was shutdown, but the company just held onto the IP until this day, with no intentions of using it. Common belief is they would rather let the IP rot, than sell it to someone whom will use it because it would make them look bad if it actually worked. Granted, the game is back up, on private servers after nearly a decade.

If BST were fixed due to the suggestions of the community, it would make them look bad. That is my theory, which is why it comes off as if they hate BST. Yes, I am still going to make suggestion, but I don't count on them being considered....

Native DW is a given, and makes sense. Problem is, the community came up with this idea, not the devs......Soooooo...We never got it....
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    To be completely honest, I think it has to do with technical debt. Some of the code is so OLD, that they're probably afraid to change anything in ToAU zones or NPC logic/quests. (This and WoTG seems to be the least touched of all content/expansions).

I really hope they address Beastmaster soon. Playing Beastmaster feels like playing with a broken controller. And for the last time: Can we please have trusts, bubbles and songs that effect our pets too? ....it's literally insane that only Corsair can buff Beastmaster's pets. It's insane that AF1+3/Regal set bonuses apply to avatars but not Pets.

How many more examples do we have to provide to prove that Beastmaster is a second-class citizen with respect to FFXI mechanics that are available to other jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    Ummm.....I was talking about lazy development.....LOL. I can see you are still upset that my play-style differs from yours. Well, keep venting, just don't expect anymore responses in someone else's thread about a topic in another thread.....

Back on topic.

I feel like summoned jugs can be a thing. Like, the BST has Bertha out, but is able to call out bigger pets to perform a damaging attack or buff, then leaves the screen. Similar to Lost Ark.

These creatures can range from a Scorpion whom can give a sharp strike boost, to Gabbraths. The BST can selection from a list of abilities to use. The monster uses it, then vanishes. Just a thought.
    Lol at this.
    (1)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12