Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Obstreperous Panopts are healed by fire / Alter Egos heal Obstreperous Panopts

Platform: Windows
    ISP: ATT Uverse
    Type of Internet Connection: CATV
    Internet Connection Speed: 18Mbps
    Date & Time: Nov. 15, 2015 11:30 CST
    Frequency: Anytime conditions are met
    Character Name: Edyth
    Race: HumeF
    World: Quetzalcoatl
    Main Job: SMN 99
    Support Job: WHM
    Area and Coordinates: Reisenjima
    Party or Solo: Solo with 5 alter egos
    NPC Name: Teodor, Mumor II, Ullegore, Ifrit
    Monster Name: Obstreperous Panopt
    Steps:
    1. Not sure which issue is the glitch, but Obstreperous Panopts are healed by fire. Damage with fire. They get HP.
    2. Because Panopts are supposed to be weak against fire, Alter Egos spam fire magic on them, constantly healing them. If the fire absorption is intentional, then the glitch is that many alter egos just repeatedly heal these monsters instead of hurting them. Tested alter egos: Teodor, Mumor II, Ullegore.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm guessing it's not a glitch. Also thinking that it would be kinda difficult to train the Trust AI to behave differently based on it facing a specific mob. So probably best solution would be to avoid using any Trust that casts fire spells.
    (0)

When they do a backflip, panopts go into a magic absorb mode (so it's not just fire, but any magic damage heals them). They eventually will backflip again and stop absorbing magic damage.
    (1)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    When they do a backflip, panopts go into a magic absorb mode (so it's not just fire, but any magic damage heals them). They eventually will backflip again and stop absorbing magic damage.
    yeah...check their eye...if its dark...they absorb magic. if its red, its free game to use magic
    (3)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I have healed them from 1% to near full health with a spell due to not paying attn. when they do this /sad blm.
    I just sit back and let my trusts beat them down until I can hurt them again.
    (0)