Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'll go for Holy II, Banish IV, and Banishga III on WHM just for growth sake, because I'm tired of mobs casting them when I can't, and to have some more divine magic to toss out.

I don't really care for nuking as a concept on WHM though. I'd rather Ultima went to SCH, and implemented as Light element AOE Divine magic. How that compares to previous FFs is irrelevent imo. SCH has no native divine magic and generally subs RDM, so Ultima on SCH would be a great way to make use of the Divine magic boost in Light Arts. I also think SCH needs a powerful unique nuke, and I'd like to see the behavior of the spell dependent on parameters like weather. Giving Ultima to BLM seems redundant since they're getting Meteor, unless it works in a unique way or the element alignment difference would be significant.

For WHM, I don't really care about anything but Reviviscence.
    (2)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    ‹Yes please!› to all the new tiers of Banish, Banishga, and Holy.
    However, even with these WHMs would find themselves hard pressed to compete in the "nuking department" as someone said already due to their lack of JT's that directly bolster divine magic damage.

What about a new spell that could possibly have tiers to it that "primes" an enemy for a WHM's offensive divine magic spell by greatly lowering their resistance and magic defense? It's like the reverse logic of what BLMs have. Instead of trying to stack pounds of new tiers of divine magic spells on WHM's shoulders in order to boost their magic damage, flip the script and allow them to create a weak spot that breaths that new damage potential into what WHM's already have(and hopefully will have).
    • Prism Douse (possible tiers 2-3): Weakens a targets resistance and lowers Magic Defense to divine magic.
    So a WHM wouldn't really hope to see 2k+ damage from Holy unless they pop this baby on the target 1st.^^
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-11-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    PLDs should get Holy II (Since they are the "Holy Warriors" so to speak) imo but I agree with the next level Banish spells.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    why would pld get holy 2? they are holy warriors...we're the holy spellcasters ; ;
    (1)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, if only because I feel that since SE has gone out of their way to make sure we're well aware of the element that we should have a strong light nuke and a strong dark nuke.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I would humbly request Banish IV (Banish III was like level 65, 25 levels later we're still without a new tier), Holy II, and Banishga III.
    (0)

Player
    Banish IV and V both, please.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    and Ultima....we whms need to petition fer some ultima action cuz whm > all other jobs

(j/k to all ppl that would otherwise waste energy flaming me for humor)
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Lack of nukes is not an issue, it's lack of MAB.
    (0)

Character
    Eldelphia
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't really care for nuking as a concept on WHM though.
    ^ this.

We rarely use our white magic nukes now as it is. Occasionally on undead or for fun but usually just for proccing. Level BLM or SCH if you want some serious damage power.
    (0)
    http://eldelphia.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast