Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    We whms totally need ultima....correct me if I'm wrong, but traditionally, in ff lore whm has the most raw magical power, and it's supposed to come through in our ability to cast some of the most powerful ancient magics...holy, ultima, etc...I'd love to see that translated for us here as having just one worthwhile nuke...the nukes we have are nothing short of embarassing lol I cast holy for a MASSIVE....six...hundred...damage lol
    Okay, I'll correct you, Ultima is and has always been Black Magic, the most powerful magic at that, non-elemental, and ignores every type of resistance.

Which is exactly why it'll never be implemented in this game, not even by enemies. Meteor will proably always be the highest nuke.
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    WHM's should always find ways of adding extra MND. I have found through testing that 1 MND adds 5 to a Cure V. That is some pretty potent stuff.
    ? Your 'power' should go up by 5 for every 1 MND added, but never your cure. Might want to check the formula, or retest >.>;

Either way, most decent whitemages should be packing a full mind set on them anyways (not that it's hard to do these days; probably end up using the majority of your standard cure gear with a few pieces changed).

Looking forward to Banish4 at 91; although I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't access to some of the spells that are currently in the .dats that arn't listed in our placeholder spell listing. (Holy2, Banish 5, -ga 3/4/5)
    (0)
    Last edited by Aleste; 04-11-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Player
    I'm not arguing that WHMs should or shouldn't keep MND sets but the fact is that most do not. Just thought I'd clarify because it seems like some people might not understand what I was saying.

(Also, MAB is also rather important for these nukes and I've only met one other WHM who carried any)
    (0)
    Last edited by Charismatic; 04-11-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Okay, I'll correct you, Ultima is and has always been Black Magic, the most powerful magic at that, non-elemental, and ignores every type of resistance.
    Actually, it's evenly split between games where ultima is black magic, and white magic, but most of the time, it's not specified one way or the other, as it's raw magic in it's most powerful form.

I think it'll be implemented in this game eventually, cuz it's one of those FF staple spells, the question is just what job gets it. I just hope if it is put in one day, it's given to one of the pure mages (whm or blm) and not a hybrid mage (rdm or sch)
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    Actually, it's evenly split between games where ultima is black magic, and white magic, but most of the time, it's not specified one way or the other, as it's raw magic in it's most powerful form.

I think it'll be implemented in this game eventually, cuz it's one of those FF staple spells, the question is just what job gets it. I just hope if it is put in one day, it's given to one of the pure mages (whm or blm) and not a hybrid mage (rdm or sch)
    If I remember correctly, it's only ever been referred to as White Magic in one game, and even then the INT stat powered it up.

All the most recent games has had it as black magic, just a non-elemental magic. Realistically the style it is is most suited to SCH's current style, but if, and that's a massive if it's ever implemented I'd rather see it stick to the black magic path and go to BLM.
    (0)

Character
    Venrymel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I haven't finished all of the FF's, but Ultima was in FFII (one of my favorites), first, and it was described as White Magic. (Mindu left the party to go find it.) Really, I think that became Holy and Ultima was given to Black Mage after that. FFXI's Holy, though, doesn't compare to other installments' in terms of damage. FFXI's Holy is good as the super-fast-cast-divine-damage spell.
    (0)

I agree I want to see WHM get Holly II,Mega Holly,Banish IV,Banishga III whm neeed's some new Nuking spell's
    and probley a stronger Stoneskin likw Stoneskin II
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    I agree I want to see WHM get Holly II,Mega Holly,Banish IV,Banishga III whm neeed's some new Nuking spell's
    and probley a stronger Stoneskin likw Stoneskin II
    They should just up the cap on Stoneskin, the only time Stoneskin II should be added is if they do like Phalanx II and make it party member targetable IMO.
    (0)

Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hmmm... I nvr really took my WHM for a nuker until recently when a pair of Eridco Mitts dropped to me...I like to play around with nukes when ever I can, but mainly I don't nuke because next to BLM's, SCH's and PUP's we just don't cut the "offensive" mustard.

MegaHoly I think would be an awesome spell...
    When ever Alex used it I was always partly 0.0 "$%&$" and partly 0.0 "wooooow"
    But if SE were to implement something like that it would have to be in-keeping with WHM's role, for example; MegaHoly is done the same way Alex/Odin for smn, a particular JA needs to be active in order for us to use it, but it has some form of negative impact on the caster like the resetting of all our JA's (two Hr included).... Idk this is just my opinion and one oh many. XD
    (0)
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

Character
    Jamesruglia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Tsk tsk, snappy responses...

Ultima is White Magic in FF2, and a large assortment of stats and traits directly affected its power, including weapon proficiency levels.

Ultima otherwise appears mostly in games that don't actually classify Magic as "White" or "Black", but rather "Offensive" and "Healing"(Otherwise "Holy" would be sometimes classified as "Black Magic")

"Mega" is unusual for Final Fantasy spell names, unless it's "Flare", and then it's arguably not a magic spell. It's also redundant; A stronger single-target spell would be "Holy II", while a mass-targetting spell would be "Holyga".

But Holy II/Banishga III/Banish IV would be nice. I just find it fascinating to obtain obvious spells that strong intelligent/job-acting enemies have that players don't, but probably would at the right level(Like how Paladins got Shell IV at Lv80, etc) If I played Blm, I'd complain about getting "Stoneja" as opposed to "Stonega IV", since "Stonega IV" would be sequentially obvious and already exists as a spell available to enemies. I understand the spell works on possibly imbalanced mechanics such as MP cost and charge time, but they could've adjusted the spell or, having added a new one anyway, just called "Stoneja" "Stonega IV" instead, and... Now I'm just rambling.
    (0)
    Sylph/Melmond

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast