Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Bmitch
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    For who is interested, atm I found a way for a "temporary fix".
    Before this patch I used my Xbox360 controller without the triggers (they didn't work), and I had manually mapped CTRL and ALT macros to the left and right bumpers, and autorun on "start" in place of the "logout" function.
    How to reactivate such a setup with the current problem?
    Follow these steps:
    1. Go into the FFXI folder AND the ToolEU (US if you're american) subfolder
    2. Backup the xinputdll.dll file in each of those folders
    3. Delete the 2 files
    4. Load the FFXI Pad config application
    5. Select "Default" preset
    6. Proceed to re-set all the buttons and sticks the way you want them
    7. Exit and save

Success! You have now reactivate the pad config situation you had before the patch.
    Now of course this is only a temporary solution until SquareEnix release an updated and fixed version of their xinputdll.dll, but until then it works good for me
    This fix is not working for me when i do this my xbox 360 wired controller will not work at all for XI despite the "test gamepad" option in the config showing everything correctly.
    (1)
    Bmitch

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cengeal View Post
    Okay so I am having the same problem and another problem. The question I am about to ask is probably amazingly stupid. How do I find the FFXI folder that has the subfolder in it? I have searched for probably over an hour and cannot find the folder for it. All I get for results are the links to download/uninstall the program. I imagine this is an obvious answer and once someone tells me I will feel very stupid, but right now I am too frustrated to keep trying.
    if you use defaults it is
    C:\Program Files\Playonline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI <--on 32 bit systems
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Playonline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI <---on 64 bit systems
    (1)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

We're aware of the issue where manually assigning buttons to a gamepad isn't working properly within FFXI. The development team will be addressing this in the December version update.

Additionally, XInput does not work inside of the PlayOnline viewer; this is working as intended.
    (7)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4