Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Someone came up with a discovery that's a bit odd.
    The preset (E) that we use would normally work, but we have Confirm and Cancel reversed (JP style).
    JP people get the opposite issue it seems, they get Confirm and Cancel reversed too (West style).

Now... what would happen if we were to go into the Japanese TOOLS folder, copy the xinputdll.dll file that's there, then put it into the TOOLS folder of our specific region AND in the default FFXI folder? (make a backup of the original files first!)
    If this works, and that's a big if, the result could be a preset E with confirm and cancel placed on the position we expect them to be.

We would still be left with the issue of being unable to customize the presets though, there's no workaround to that until SE patches it.
    Personally I'm gonna stay with my temporary workaround until SE releases a fix, but if someone else is feeling optimistic and wants to try this small test then feel free to and post your results!
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    what would happen if we were to go into the Japanese TOOLS folder, copy the xinputdll.dll file that's there, then put it into the TOOLS folder of our specific region AND in the default FFXI folder?
    I tried this. still gives me A=Cancel and B=Confirm.
    if we could just get a copy of the dll files from the Japanese update. sadly I don't know anyone that uses that client but, I get the feeling their xinputdll.dll files are the ones we were supposed to get and our xinputdll.dll files are the ones they were supposed to get
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes I performed the test as well, can confirm your result. Despite using the JP file in both location, I still got the JP layout.
    Still, JP players are getting the western one.

This suggests me that the game, when Xinput is activated, uses some sort of fixed/hardcoded layout. This fixed layout is swapped for JP and EU/US region, and is hardcoded somewhere else, not in the xinputdll.dll file.
    Now if only we could find WHERE, we could take that file, swap it with our own, and maybe it would get the western layout...
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Can't believe this still hasn't been fixed or at least acknowledged yet...
    (0)

Character
    Drakkul
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Bump.........and i agree this is really inconvenient i have played this game for years with a controller and there is no way i can play with mouse and kb
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Can't believe this still hasn't been fixed or at least acknowledged yet...
    it will probably be some sort of silent fix without acknowledgement
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Eadmund
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    After having quit years and years ago, I came back for the free login, realized my PS2 copy no longer has the RAM or whatever to properly play the game, so decided to play the PC version for the first time. I spent all day trying to configure everything properly to replicate the PS2 control scheme, and have been stuck on this controller issue for hours. I thought it was something I was doing wrong until I saw this thread and realized it was a recent problem.

I'm using a PS3 Dual Shock 3. In the FFXI config under Gamepad Settings, the buttons can be mapped if I don't click "Enable XInput". But I can't get the L2 and R2 buttons to work, and vibration doesn't work ingame either (it works in the Test Gamepad feature). If I enable XInput, L2 and R2 work and the controls are automatically mapped exactly as they were on the PS2, but as has been stated in this topic, Confirm and Cancel are swapped.

If I disable XInput, what's the easiest way to get L2 and R2 to work? Someone said earlier they had found a way, but didn't go into great detail. Also, is it possible to get the vibration to work as well somehow?
    (0)

Character
    Runeth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 21
    I just want to throw my two Gil in and say I have the same problem; I can enable the XInput option in controller config but am unable to change any of the button mappings. I would very much appreciate seeing this fixed.
    (0)

Character
    Arantemasu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Been having a problem with the analog sticks on my Xbox 360 controller
    pushing up on the analog stick makes my character move down and pushing down goes up, same deal with the camera
    Left and right on both sticks work fine though.

Edit:
    Zhronne's fix worked! I can finally play normally.
    Thanks for the fix.
    (0)
    Last edited by Taeko; 11-22-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    For who is interested, atm I found a way for a "temporary fix".
    Before this patch I used my Xbox360 controller without the triggers (they didn't work), and I had manually mapped CTRL and ALT macros to the left and right bumpers, and autorun on "start" in place of the "logout" function.
    How to reactivate such a setup with the current problem?
    Follow these steps:
    1. Go into the FFXI folder AND the ToolEU (US if you're american) subfolder
    2. Backup the xinputdll.dll file in each of those folders
    3. Delete the 2 files
    4. Load the FFXI Pad config application
    5. Select "Default" preset
    6. Proceed to re-set all the buttons and sticks the way you want them
    7. Exit and save

Success! You have now reactivate the pad config situation you had before the patch.
    Now of course this is only a temporary solution until SquareEnix release an updated and fixed version of their xinputdll.dll, but until then it works good for me
    Okay so I am having the same problem and another problem. The question I am about to ask is probably amazingly stupid. How do I find the FFXI folder that has the subfolder in it? I have searched for probably over an hour and cannot find the folder for it. All I get for results are the links to download/uninstall the program. I imagine this is an obvious answer and once someone tells me I will feel very stupid, but right now I am too frustrated to keep trying.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast