Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Blue Mage shafted on Merlinic jubbah armor set?

There's usually alot of armor sets that follow a set job pattern that has blm/rdm/smn/blu/sch/geo but the new Reisenjima mage set Merlinic Jubbah set doesn't have blu on it. Any reason why?
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 11-11-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    There's usually alot of armor sets that follow a set job pattern that has blm/rdm/smn/blu/sch/geo but the new Reisenjima mage set Merlinic Jubbah set doesn't have blu on it. Any reason why?
    Apart from their AF What other Jubbah are BLU on then?

Marduk's - No
    Namru's - No
    Artsieq - No (Closest similarity)
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It looks like they were trying to be specifically categorical with this set of equipment; the set you mentioned could have had WHM added to it without BLU there and it still would have fit one of the patterns they had done in the past, but they're not either. Looks like they just categorized by armor weight this time, though they split mages up a little for support and offense. BLU just got relegated to its usual light armor position; guess you shouldn't worry about tossing those Hagondes Pants yet?

That being surprised, I'm supremely surprised that PUP ended up on a light armor set listing for once. Their unfortunate pattern is usually to end up on mage armor.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Apart from their AF What other Jubbah are BLU on then?

Marduk's - No
    Namru's - No
    Artsieq - No (Closest similarity)
    What does the art style of the armor have to do with it? Namru/marduk was a healer type set that blu is never on, and artsieq is a hybrid mage set (which blu is rarely on). Additionally those delve armors (artsieq/qaaxo/xaddi) were mutually exclusive, no job could equip more than one set.

Resien mage armors on the other hand follow the pattern of legion/vw abjurations or skirmish; they are split into a separate nuker and healer/utility sets and are not mutually exclusive (rdm and sch can equip both). When armors have been split up like this in the past (heavy tank|dd, light melee, mage healing|nuking), blu has always been on both the light melee and nuking sets. Compare the jobs on auspex/amalric/hagondes and paean/kaykaus/gendewitha vs the reisen equivalents, you'll notice the job access is identical except for blu being removed from the nuking set.

I frequently play blu as a dedicated nuker in many events, and having no new nuking armor to work towards in the final tier of content (that I'm sure I'll be relegated to nuking on the higher end of) is pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    That being surprised, I'm supremely surprised that PUP ended up on a light armor set listing for once. Their unfortunate pattern is usually to end up on mage armor.
    When was the last time you played this game? Pup has been on a light melee or 'eastern' melee armor set in like every tier of content since salvage in 2006. In SoA/escha, pup has never been left out. Unity is a different story, but SE has left a lot of jobs out in the cold with the archaic restrictions on those armors.
    (0)