Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Chain CP/XP campaign thoughts?

I don't know what to say about this, but kinda disappointing and not turning out what I thought when this was announced. I do notice higher gains in higher chains, but I think just double cp/xp across the board may have been better. What do you guys think?
    (2)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 11-11-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Player
    i dont think its working properly IMO....
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    A straight EXP bonus would have been nice, but keeping a chain going isn't really difficult and it's quite nice EXP/CP.
    (0)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I seem to like it so far. I can't maintain chains that long usually (mainly from spacing and lack of mobs where I go) though but I notice the difference.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can usually get up to around chain #19 or 20 solo before it falls apart. I dunno why. Does the time allowed between mobs get cumulatively shorter with each chain? I always thought it got shorter but then reached a limit. Maybe that's just with XP chains, which always seem to last much longer.

Anyway, to the original question, I'm definitely getting more CP than I did during standard CP, but it doesn't feel like it's more than the normal double CP. Also between now and the last time I did CP on MNK, I added another 135% in bonuses (from Rhapsodies completion and a new Gift).
    (0)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Does the time allowed between mobs get cumulatively shorter with each chain?
    Yes, I'm not sure of the number when it caps or even when it does. It doesn't follow the same time limit that XP/limit chains do, that much is certain.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It caps at 20, as I recall, and it's difficult to maintain that chain solo depending on enemy counts, your hit rate, etc. I favored doing bats in Woh Gates on my mythic DRG, and I could maintain chains of up to 37-38 at best; one Stardiver that didn't hit its full potency or a delay in engaging due to wiping out the bat population and waiting on respawns usually breaks it. That being said, the chain bonuses are quite noticeable; before I finished RoV (+100% CP, not sure where it applies however) and before this campaign, Trizek Ring on bats would get me something in the ballpark of 4500-5000 at Chain 20, where the bonuses seem to cap. During this event I was seeing closer to 11-13k per kill... for the three or four kills that my Trizek Ring lasted! :P my Capacity Ring lasted a lot longer and I was still getting solid 6-6.5k awards around chain 13-20.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I don't think it's working as effectively as they might have assumed it would.

It looks to me like the xp/cp bonus is slightly better than straight up double xp/cp campaigns *if* you're killing VT's and up and keeping chains on them. Which sensibly means that 90% of people would actually have been better off with a straight up double xp/cp campaign that we've got used to.
    I'm not sitting there getting mauled to pieces on my 200 job point BLU fighting the stuff in the new zones for double the capacity points of something decent challenge in Adoulin that I can kill in 3 seconds flat.
    (0)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The VTs in the new area, or even the VTs in the second Gate maps are both very easy to kill. Generally, on DRG/SAM, I'll get a kill with a single skillchain, which takes probably about 8-10 seconds? If they survive the skillchain of Drakes -> Camlainn's, then they won't last long after that. When I was cycling between a Trizek, Facility, and Capacity Ring, for a while I was getting roughly 25-30 JP/hr. Today, in a few 20-minute sessions, I've not only managed to get about 320ish merits and nearly 125ish JP, going from around 470ish to just shy of 600 JP total. The majority of that was getting a merit just about every kill with no EXP Ring (hitting 5-6k early chain, and up to >10k in later chains), while CP was anywhere from 2-4k without a ring, 3-7k with Capacity ring, and 6-13k with Trizek or Facility Ring. Chains would generally make it to about 28 or 29, and then I'd get called away or I'd have an NM to deal with (I choose not to use the Mollifier so I can get stones, beads, and NM kills towards Spoils Vorseals from Ascended mobs).

The point of that ramble is that you're not going to get "mauled to pieces" if you're moderately well geared and aware of your surroundings. I can't even pull on DRG/SAM, I have to run in head-first, so you have the advantage of being able to use a spell to pull to you, such as Glutinous Dart. Kills shouldn't take longer than it takes for you to do two CDCs to Light, if that.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm doing MNK job points at my favorite stomping grounds in Escha Ru'Aun, against DC targets, and doing just as well as during the double CP campaigns. Somewhere in the neighborhood of about 800,000 CP per hour. I feel skeptical about Reisenjima because even if the per mob totals are better, they definitely take longer (not a lot longer) to kill.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast