Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    What I wanted to see, and I'm by no means unbiased in this, was the 2100 job point gift being a boost to Mythic weapons, that is to say that someone with a mythic and 2100 job points on that mythic's job, with the mythic equipped, would get additional boosts to the capabilities of the mythic, if not to the job itself.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The 2100 Jobpoints Gift is a large task, when you are solo. It is certainly much faster for people in big linkshells who spam alliance events where CAP rains down endlessly.
    I don't disagree that it's a large task. I just don't understand why anyone thought it would be more than what the game and SE tells you it is. I mean, yeah,there are items with hidden effects but they've been doing a lot less of that and have been generally more up front about what stuff does or doesn't do.

The 2100 Jobpoints Gift is a large task, when you are solo. It is certainly much faster for people in big linkshells who spam alliance events where CAP rains down endlessly.
    RME weapons are already slated to be getting a boost, independent of the job point system.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    What I wanted to see, and I'm by no means unbiased in this, was the 2100 job point gift being a boost to Mythic weapons, that is to say that someone with a mythic and 2100 job points on that mythic's job, with the mythic equipped, would get additional boosts to the capabilities of the mythic, if not to the job itself.
    Yeah they showed what the update sword RMEs would look like in a video recently. I can't read Japanese, but I can make out the part that really matters. Burtgang's damage jumped from 131 to 175. Also they are all getting 269 skill now like the aeonics got.
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't disagree that it's a large task. I just don't understand why anyone thought it would be more than what the game and SE tells you it is. I mean, yeah,there are items with hidden effects but they've been doing a lot less of that and have been generally more up front about what stuff does or doesn't do.
    You can't relate, even a little? Every other job points and gift update included new spells, and job changing things for their jobs. The 1200 round only had people upset because instead of helping a job, some of those 1200 gifts either did nothing (like summoner) or hurt the job (mnk, dnc). So of course people were pissed about those. What is the purpose of a gift you worked so hard for if it does nothing or hurts the job? It's supposed to be an improvement.

How can expectations not be raised when the following is all true:
    1) Every other job points update included major gifts for their job, especially for mages that got entirely new sets of spells. Twice. Black mage with death isn't even in the same tier as one without. Helix II and refresh 3 are amazing, as are many others.
    2) It's the final installment for rhapsodies. And the final job gift. Job gift implies it relates to your job and is going to be something major. It at least should be bigger change to the job than any prior gift.
    3) People love choice and things they can put themselves into, that's what makes the job system in ffxi so successful. You can put yourself into it and own it. It gets near political levels at some points over which job is what, so SE should've have already know it's something people are passionate about. Which good job, you created a product people are passionate about. Live up to it a bit by at least not giving a generic gift to every job for their "final job gift". And fix 1200 gifts to actually help the jobs that it didn't, a 1200 gift that isn't a gift at all but either hurts the job or changes nothing is really really bad design and entirely misleading to people who don't know more about the games mechanics.
    4) SE didn't tell us anything specific before the update to gather feedback from the community. As per usual they "tell us" after the fact, and after building expectations. "This will be the final installment". "We are working very hard". "This will give you a master job title and have another big effect". Do any of those give you expectation that the final gift will be worse than most jobs 100 job point gifts? No, it builds expectation. And if you're going to do that you should live up to it. I run a business and I can tell you client satisfaction is 100% correlated to managing customer expectations. Even had I not had all that expectation built however, I could tell you that the final gift is general and not well thought out and certainly not crafted for each job.

I was always a strong SE fan and loved many FF titles. But honestly this, and the way they handle these forums has really soured me toward them and any future titles. And I say that fully expecting them to delete this. My bf was permanently banned for saying "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" (literally the entire content of the post) to someone who was going into every thread calling everyone nerds and insults, and I see people here that have done directly attacked other users several times with their posts still standing in other threads, who constantly argue and stir up trouble. But lets perma ban someone for saying a silly "don't let the door hit you on the way out". Makes as much sense as anything else, the way these forums are managed is often pretty draconian and it directly affects your most long term customers that actually care a lot about your products. Anyone with business sense knows it's more profitable to keep long term clients than get new ones, and you have lost two long time fans. We're considering not even playing any more because of this, and I definitely am not going to buy FFXV now. I'm already upset they deleted the original XIV, which I actually loved and thought had a lot of potential to grow. I'm definitely not happy the billions they made on XI went to another project and not to improve FFXI. This game could have content for 15 years based on the money it's made.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't disagree that it's a large task. I just don't understand why anyone thought it would be more than what the game and SE tells you it is.
    You misunderstand. People aren't looking for hidden effects or anything of the sort. People were theorizing and guessing (and hoping) what the gifts would be BEFORE we were told what it was. That's what people are referring to.
    (1)

Guys, don't feed the Grand Spamalox XIV.
    (5)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

We have no plans to adjust any of the Gifts. Gifts aren't intended to be something players must have, instead the development team planned them as slight enhancements.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah
    the development team planned them as slight enhancements.
    Oh man, do I have some bad news for you.
    (13)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We have no plans to adjust any of the Gifts. Gifts aren't intended to be something players must have, instead the development team planned them as slight enhancements.
    As much as I wish that were true, due to the nature of job Gifts, the community is making it a requirement in order for X job to participate in certain events. It's so sad.
    (8)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah the whole gifts aren't must haves boat left at like 100 jp mark for a lot of jobs
    (6)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast