Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah the whole gifts aren't must haves boat left at like 100 jp mark for a lot of jobs
    Yup, new spells are something I would say is a requirement to play a job. T6 spells are just as required as tiers 1 through 5.

Personally I wish the job master stars were at least unique per job instead of the same for all.
    (1)

Character
    Jopa
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We have no plans to adjust any of the Gifts. Gifts aren't intended to be something players must have, instead the development team planned them as slight enhancements.
    Can we get an explanation for why the final Gift has 1/4th the effect of a temporary item that costs 3,000 silt? There's a big difference between slight enhancement and practically useless.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoxd View Post
    Yup, new spells are something I would say is a requirement to play a job. T6 spells are just as required as tiers 1 through 5.

Personally I wish the job master stars were at least unique per job instead of the same for all.
    I agree and can say with 100% certainty that many players feel the gifts provided by 100, 550 and 1200 job points are necessary in gameplay.
    (4)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Gifts were not intended to be something players need to have when they were first created. Once you came up with the 100 JP category and beyond, they 100% became necessary to play that job. I would say we need some better 2100 gift
    (3)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We have no plans to adjust any of the Gifts. Gifts aren't intended to be something players must have, instead the development team planned them as slight enhancements.
    A lot of these "slight enhancements" are anything but slight.
    (6)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    As much as I wish that were true, due to the nature of job Gifts, the community is making it a requirement in order for X job to participate in certain events. It's so sad.
    That's because some Job gifts are completely NOT "slight adjustments", but job changers.
    I.e. they change the way that certain job is played and/or contributes to group play. As such, they become "requirements".
    Not sure if they are failing to see this or if they just refuse to acknowledge so that they don't have to feel "forced" to address it. Bit too late to fix it anyway, there's nothing you can do about it honestly, and it's not like Devs can do miracles, they're only human.
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Artisandge
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 70
    I was very surprised and even shocked by the official response here.

The 2100 JP gift is mediocre compared to the progression of 100, 550 and 1200 JP gifts. To call them slight enhancements, when many gifts augment the job in unprecedented ways...I feel like I'm being patronized by a bully.

The 2100 gifts should follow the same progression as previous gifts and be an impactful, meaningful change to the job. (like BLU, BST, RDM, SCH, BLM gifts for example). Let's not also forget that MNK and DNC gifts actually hurt the jobs.

I just don't know what to make of this. I really am at a loss for words here.
    (7)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Pup is in both boats. The gifts help the job like crazy with additional set points....but hurt anyone who has a mythic. All of the martial artis JP and gifts are just a slap in the face for mythic users who just have to accept the TP loss per hit, as they have no way of 'just equipping less martial arts' as the mythic alone puts us at the cap.
    (2)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulNAPlayer View Post
    I was very surprised and even shocked by the official response here.

The 2100 JP gift is mediocre compared to the progression of 100, 550 and 1200 JP gifts. To call them slight enhancements, when many gifts augment the job in unprecedented ways...I feel like I'm being patronized by a bully.

The 2100 gifts should follow the same progression as previous gifts and be an impactful, meaningful change to the job. (like BLU, BST, RDM, SCH, BLM gifts for example). Let's not also forget that MNK and DNC gifts actually hurt the jobs.

I just don't know what to make of this. I really am at a loss for words here.
    This. Over and over.
    (4)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You know what would have been a good master gift? Being able to max out all your job specific merits.
    (7)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast