Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Job Master Gift (2100 JP)

So, from the update notes:

The "★Master!" gift has been added.
    This gift is granted when the maximum number of job points has been reached and comes with its own special title and effects.
    Any way we could hear what those "effects" actually are? Are they just the FF5 stars?
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    So, from the update notes:

Any way we could hear what those "effects" actually are? Are they just the FF5 stars?
    Wait a few days. Someone will reach that level. I'm working on it right now.. 1567/2100 job points on MNK.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Skudo already did. He didn't report anything obvious other than the stars.
    (0)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm hoping there's something more, I don't know if SE reps read the community sites other than this one, but a lot of people are expressing disappointment at the 2100 gifts because unlike previous updates there's no new spells, or job changing gifts. Restting 1 hour in MMM wasn't super difficult now, and revitalizers are also only 3k silt now. What I think is disappointing most people and also myself is that all jobs got the same thing, which feels generic and rushed, unless there's some other effect not listed in the patch notes. Don't get me wrong this update is huge, and has a lot to offer, just for myself an many others the 2100 gifts were one of the things we most looked forward to and these are a let down. Some people are fine with it and the other gifts are very potent (38 attack and def for avatar is huge you know?) just was hoping for something job specific and job changing for the final gifts. My LS and I would make jokes about things like "COR gets a pirateship and can dualwield" and there were many hype threads about it and all over I saw people throwing ideas out there for what the final gifts might be. Just wondering if there's something SE didn't list in the patch notes or maybe plans they haven't disclosed, I know that'd make a lot of people happier with the update as it's a big deal to people... their jobs. I'm happy, but the final gifts are disappointing to me and others.
    (6)

I would be happy if that title allowed me to use non-target Job emotes with the motion command. It's such a waste to have those emotes and being unable to use them due to all the spam. :/
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I was hoping for a cool little aura effect, unique to each job... What we got was an ultra-lame do-diddly star effect. It looks so boring and mundane. I can't believe that's it. Like everyone else is saying, this was poorly planned and seems obviously rushed. Please change it... or something. I expected something a little more grandiose from what was supposed to be the apex of all updates.

Would it have killed SE to, like, take a vote on what the 2100 JP Gift should've been?
    (2)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Isnt it just -15 min on 1 hr cool downs
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    I was hoping for a cool little aura effect, unique to each job... What we got was an ultra-lame do-diddly star effect. It looks so boring and mundane. I can't believe that's it. Like everyone else is saying, this was poorly planned and seems obviously rushed. Please change it... or something. I expected something a little more grandiose from what was supposed to be the apex of all updates.

Would it have killed SE to, like, take a vote on what the 2100 JP Gift should've been?
    There is a video showing the effect? I'd like to see it.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    Skudo already did. He didn't report anything obvious other than the stars.
    Yeah I saw him. I saw two people with capped job points on the day of the update. That's pretty impressive. You would need a minimum of 549 job points (plus 1 capacity point) from start of when you first got on after update, to reach 2100. I saw these guys in the evening. Couldn't have possibly been more than 15 hours max after the update. Which would require 36.6 job points per hour. Though even that would have required them to get on pretty quickly after this update which gave a lot of people trouble. I got on pretty early (only 42 people on Carbuncle at the time).

I guess I've heard that a good party can get 100 JP per hour in some zones. So they could cover that in about 5 and a half hours. I'd still be impressed if they could keep up that momentum for so long and keep so many people together. I tend to get tired of any group activity after about 2 hours.
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think if you asked ten different players for realistic suggestions of what the 2100 JP gift should be you'd get ten different answers. Some would want something that would change the job's play, some would want a specialized cosmetic change, and I personally would want a bonus that applied across all 99 jobs, compounding with other mastered jobs and encouraging people to keep going.

Any solution was going to leave some people disappointed, and it's not like this is the end of the world (even if -15 minutes from SP abilities is literally worthless: it doesn't open up any new strategies for any job), nor is it even the most disappointing dropped ball this update (lol Emporox), but yeah. Sucks.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast