Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Very slow download times for today's update?

Hi folks,
    Is anyone else experiencing very slow download times? Is anyone not one leviathan experiencing slow downloads? I've been on 1 FILE for about 20 minutes now
    (0)

I haven't started yet, but as far as I could read on other forums this update is kind of huge. (>1 GB)
    Paired with the fact that this should be the "final" large content patch I think many people reactivated for just that.

And since everyone has to download the patch from a single location...
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

I like and agreeing to Shirai's Response but added to it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Hi folks,
    Is anyone else experiencing very slow download times? Is anyone not one leviathan experiencing slow downloads? I've been on 1 FILE for about 20 minutes now

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I haven't started yet, but as far as I could read on other forums this update is kind of huge. (>1 GB)
    Paired with the fact that this should be the "final" large content patch I think many people reactivated for just that.

And since everyone has to download the patch from a single location...
    I'm sure you know this already but it also can be due to your devices or type of bandwidth connection service you have too but that being said, I'll let you know how the downloading goes while i'm doing other stuff. (Of course it could due to connection issues too)
    (2)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-10-2015 at 09:32 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    They should extend the login campaign by 1 day.
    (3)

Character
    Vanyar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So far I only downloaded ~ 1000 files in 5hours.
    I restarted POL but performance did not improve...

the patch.txt file alone took almost 2minutes to download.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yes, something is very wrong. After logging in, I see only 58 people on Leviathan server. :/
    (0)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I know the population of the game is not that great anymore but it could be because everyone is trying to download at the same time. I'm sure some have to remember not even being able to get on FFXI to download the files because so many logged in/updated at once.

But yeah, it took me 20 mins to get to 1%.
    (0)

Character
    Vanyar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    For testing purpose I also whitelisted my Client in my router for outgoing traffic and disabled any kind of Intrusion Protection.
    Doesn't look any better though.
    From what I can see the delay is when initialising a file (new file stuck several seconds at 0% before downloading) and then again at 75% (most of the time.)
    When I checked the Router the traffic rarely goes above 970kbit/ unless I do some performance tests (and that is remotely connected to the client...) ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah. I was asleep when maintenance started but woke up about 4 AM to start the download. Then went back to sleep for another 3 hours. Woke up and it was only 11% downloaded.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah I'm shocked to learn that since about 7 hours ago or about the moment the check version came up, I started downloading. Went to bed, woke up early just now, and it's at 22%, 640ish files downloaded. Go figure if a bunch of people decided to reactivate or something. Yesterday and last night there was 270ish people on for most of the day on Q... christ, I've seen double that on a free EQ ripoff game with different names for towns and monsters.

Anyway, this brings back memories. Ahhh, the good ole days when you might as well plan to log in the following day after an update because of long update times.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast