Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by oliveira View Post
    Seems like people having (mistakenly) multiple instances of PlayOnline software installed on their computers have been using the wrong version of the settings tools for their game client. That causes the newer settings to be stored at a place on Windows registry different than where the game is actually reading from.

For example having the European region software installed, calling the ToolsUS version of the tools setting software will successfully create settings registry for the USA client but will have no effect whatsoever on the European client.

Having the Steam version of matching region active but calling leftovers of a non steam install would likely have the same effect.

I only have one standard install of USA FFXI client at the time. Xinput worked properly, I was able to change the settings as I wanted and it stayed as I setup. Even rumble works now.
    That can't be the problem because all other settings in FFXI config work normally. Also when I went back to the XBCD driver and turned off xinput I can reconfigure the controls as before.
    (0)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Which OS you are using? I am using Windows XP still. And I know FFXI works best with Windows XP simply because it's a very old game... lol

I noticed that even if it works properly the button numbering used by FFXI doesn't match the one used by Windows itself.
    (0)

Player
    I'm on Windows 10 and I'm having the same problem. I could definitely see this being OS related. Incidentally, the button selections do work for PlayOnline, but that doesn't support Xinput so that's probably irrelevant. (You could always use the buttons normally on Xinput, they're just numbered differently.) FFXI itself seems to completely ignore your button setting choices.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sigh, they got my hopes up and then broke something else... Really hope they patch it so we can set our buttons, having to use start and select for macros is far more preferable than having my confirm and cancel inverted..
    (0)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I play using the Japanese buttons layout so it was a annoyance for me that it actually worked properly (I had to invert the buttons manually) but the changes actually stickied properly.

That's how I use my controller:

Y=HUD
    X=Menu
    B=Confirm
    A=Cancel

The USA XBOX 360 has the buttons set this way:

Y=HUD
    X=Menu
    B=Cancel
    A=Confirm
    (0)
    Last edited by oliveira; 11-13-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Character
    Nayah
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    This is weird. >_> Is there any way we can experiment to see what's causing the problem?
    (0)

Reddit has a fix involving removing the xinput.dll file and then reconfiguring controls again.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelfox View Post
    This is weird. >_> Is there any way we can experiment to see what's causing the problem?
    unless you can get your hands on the code they used for the xinput.dll and swap those buttons not really

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Reddit has a fix involving removing the xinput.dll file and then reconfiguring controls again.
    pretty sure all that does is return it to directinput controls which disables the triggers
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Targoviste
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Only way I've found to counteract this is to use InputMapper in exclusive mode and remap the buttons on my PS4 controller.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4