Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    I really hope now that ps2 support is being dropped that they'll look into supporting X-input, the Xbox 360 version supported it so hopefully they can update the PC client to support it. I used to play on Xbox 360 until one besieged freeze that wiped 2 hour worth of macros out pushed me over the edge and I switched to PC.
    Xinput is supported as of the November update. Hopefully you'll be able to use the trigger sliders as buttons on the 360 controller.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, i saw that. That was a suprising improvement. Also suprising was the statement that there may also be small bits of content in the post-april updates (new BCs etc).
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Now if they would just remove the 30FPS cap (this is possible, there are some videos on Youtube of this) and update the client to DirectX 9 it would fix a lot of the problems. I mean just replacing DirectX 9 with 9 so it doesn't have to use the DirextX wrapper than modern windows uses to support DX8.
    (0)

Player
    I've noticed with an Xbox 360 Controller on Windows 10, all the buttons work, but my confirm and cancel buttons are backwards. Oddly, changing them in the config doesn't appear to make any difference. I haven't tried changing other buttons, but has anyone else noticed this?
    (0)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Japanese FFXI releases use Japanese PlayStation button assignment, which in turn is based on the Super Famicom controller (Japanese SNES) A/B button scheme where the confirm and cancel buttons are inverted against what is expected on USA and other English speaking contries. Circle means confirm X means cancel.

That would explain why you are getting inverted default buttons on your setup.

With my copy of FFXI when I pushed the "E" button I got the XBOX360 button assignment (I use a XBOX360 controller) which matched the USA style (matching X confirm Circle cancel used on USA PlayStation units).
    (0)
    Last edited by oliveira; 11-11-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    So the trigger button work with the standard Xbox 360 gamepad driver? No need for XBCD anymore?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    So the trigger button work with the standard Xbox 360 gamepad driver? No need for XBCD anymore?
    Apparently so.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Works perfectly including the triggers.

EDIT: No it doesn't. With Xinput enabled it uses a fixed button layout, anything you change in the gamepad setup is ignored. A and B buttons are swapped compared to the standard Xbox 360 controller setup and you can't change them back.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 11-11-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Seems like people having (mistakenly) multiple instances of PlayOnline software installed on their computers have been using the wrong version of the settings tools for their game client. That causes the newer settings to be stored at a place on Windows registry different than where the game is actually reading from.

For example having the European region software installed, calling the ToolsUS version of the tools setting software will successfully create settings registry for the USA client but will have no effect whatsoever on the European client.

Having the Steam version of matching region active but calling leftovers of a non steam install would likely have the same effect.

I only have one standard install of USA FFXI client at the time. Xinput worked properly, I was able to change the settings as I wanted and it stayed as I setup. Even rumble works now.
    (0)
    Last edited by oliveira; 11-11-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Works perfectly including the triggers.

EDIT: No it doesn't. With Xinput enabled it uses a fixed button layout, anything you change in the gamepad setup is ignored. A and B buttons are swapped compared to the standard Xbox 360 controller setup and you can't change them back.
    this is the same problem im having.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast