Character
    Creaper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Cannot Install Seeker's Edition on Win7

I'm trying to make the switch to PC since SE decided I'm not allowed to play on console next year. I got the windows 7 compatible POL to install correctly(though it says my password is wrong...), I downloaded the four files listed on the main website, ran the ffxisetup.exe file, agreed to the terms, but when I get to the actual extracting process, everything screws up. It gives me 37 errors saying it cannot open the three big finalfantasy data files 'as archive'. It also proceeds list 34 other files as 'broken'. I have no idea what to do.

Generally PC specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    6gigs ram
    directX 10 i think...

First thing it does is stop at 1% extraction of FINALFANTASY.Data.txt on some file called dx8bda.cat.
    (0)

Your PC and OS are not the issue. I run XI on Win7. Sounds like you have a corrupted download. As much as I hate to say it - I recommend downloading the files again. /comfort

Using a download manager like Getright instead might help if you're using internet explorer to download the files as I've seen others on Win7 that had issues with how IE uses temp-named files during the download process and then WIN7's native download manager has had issues in the renaming process when its done. Using a different browser like Firefox may also help resolve that issue if you prefer that over a separate download manager application.
    (0)

Character
    Creaper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Hmmm, I used chrome to download. I was going to try IE, but I may try firefox instead.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Hmmm... You tried this as well??

Let me know as this just a tool for windows 7 on pol's website if you've tried it?

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/win/win01.html?pageID=win
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Creaper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Problem Solved

Thanks to whoever mentioned issues with web browsers. For some reason my Chrome was corrupting the files. It is odd since another friend used chrome to download and install successfully.I downloaded with firefox instead and the extraction process worked. My only issue now is getting the triggers on my Xbox One controller to work with FFXI...
    (1)

JpyToKey or XPadder can map those buttons on the controller to keyboard buttons instead...
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/