Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

What are these crazy YouTube videos? Are these for real or fakes?

I simply can't make heads or tails out of these crazy videos... The fact that all the text in the videos and the descriptions are in Japanese doesn't help. If Community Rep would step up and explain these, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uenL4w2g82I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fDGpteR4CE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_37T5B8VVDU
    (2)

Eh... what exactly are you talking about? Those videos are simply about Campaign battles, npcs and areas.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    First one looks like a bunch of Campaign Battles.

Second one just looks like someone trained a bunch of lycopodiums (or is it lycopodia)? Which is something you can do because like hpemde they will follow you without attacking.

Third one also looks like a bunch of Campaign Battles.
    (0)

Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Eh... what exactly are you talking about? Those videos are simply about Campaign battles, npcs and areas.
    Zachery was nice enough to tell me there were recordings from Campaign Battles... I'm learning disabled and FFXI is the first on-line video game that I've ever played in my life. I was 43 years old when I started playing FFXI on 3/1/2013.

As I have made clear in several previous posting: By my own admission, guilty as charged, I am a certifiable & bonafied, tard FFXI player. For example, I just found out this past Sunday (November 1st) about the existence of Skillchains and that I have absolutely no idea of how they work or how to use them. Where does that leave me?? It leaves me standing around, wondering why I'm getting booted from parties and getting my backside kicked by the umbrills in Dho Gates @ G-6.

I'm still basically struggling to make my Black Mage a viable/usable character by getting all 1200 (soon to be 2100) Job Points. As of this writing, I still haven't done any Campaign. I didn't even know it existed. I'm really sorry if none of this is anything you want to read. My playing & understanding of the game really is that bad. By my own admission, guilty as charged.
    (4)

Billnes, Campaign was a fun aspect of XI when it was created. While it's bereft of people today, you can solo everything that comes in the various waves now and campaign can still be fun.

If you're interested in Campaign I recommend you take a look at this wiki for assistance: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Campaign. While the site is not kept current for the most part, for older content like Campaign that Wiki can be helpful.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

I got a Real Youtube Final Fantasy Video For Ya!

MY SICK ONLINE ADDICTION (Final Fantasy XI) - Happy Console Gamer

This is basically me in not being able to leave this game basically LOL! {Not exactly, But kind of anyway's}

I'm jobless, Leader of an ls group but glad I don't smoke or drink like this guy did during that time. I find this to be a common thing that's happening among a lot of player's or Keep's them drawn to it/Keeps drawing a lot of player's back like this guy shows it in his explanation of the effect's into the Final Fantasy 11 Game {Enjoy! This could be you! "to playing FFXI" }

Hey FFXI team/Creator's what do you think of this video?? Pretty cool, bizzarre, weird, etc.? What does the team's make of this video?
    (2)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-05-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Try out my highlighted underlined links to various website's of Aden's Charts 2-help!

Quote Originally Posted by Billnes View Post
    Zachery was nice enough to tell me there were recordings from Campaign Battles... I'm learning disabled and FFXI is the first on-line video game that I've ever played in my life. I was 43 years old when I started playing FFXI on 3/1/2013.

As I have made clear in several previous posting: By my own admission, guilty as charged, I am a certifiable & bonafied, tard FFXI player. For example, I just found out this past Sunday (November 1st) about the existence of Skillchains and that I have absolutely no idea of how they work or how to use them. Where does that leave me?? It leaves me standing around, wondering why I'm getting booted from parties and getting my backside kicked by the umbrills in Dho Gates @ G-6.

I'm still basically struggling to make my Black Mage a viable/usable character by getting all 1200 (soon to be 2100) Job Points. As of this writing, I still haven't done any Campaign. I didn't even know it existed. I'm really sorry if none of this is anything you want to read. My playing & understanding of the game really is that bad. By my own admission, guilty as charged.
    Hey Billness!! Hope this really help's you out in playing, Man!!

Even though he or his team stopped updating the ws-SC charts a long time ago. The site for his FFXI WS-Sc chart's still exist's I'm pretty sure of it. Go and do a Search/Google Search and see if you can find -> -> Aden's Renkei Chart or his Picture's of Ws-Sc chart's. The one i'm looking at that I printed out years ago of 3.4 back when I still had a printer has this web addy on it below it with what I said in writing shown behind the arrow's.

I've even taken the liberty myself to post a few other linked area's that I've found relating to showing you this WSing chart's of Aden's for yuh! They seem to of been redone at some point to a version 4.1 and this one here too!

Sadly there's is none information on them including jobs for since before just around aht urhgan time's like pup, blu, rune, etc. I'd love to see those implemented as well :-D

4.1 does include pup/blu but not on a fully done & fully correct scale is what I meant above, thanks!!
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-10-2015 at 06:02 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Being interested in BLM you should make sure you're aware of magic burst as well as skill chains. If you cast a spell of an element that matches a skillchain after one is performed, that spell will gain a large amount of magic accuracy as well as a damage bonus. The bit about magic accuracy is important because any spell that targets an enemy can magic burst- it doesn't have to be a damage spell.

Skillchains come in three tiers (soon to be four with the new weapons coming out, apparently...)- eight tier 1 skillchains which match up with each of the eight elements; four tier 2 skillchains, which each match up with a pair of elements, and two tier 3 skillchains (Light and Darkness), which each match up with four of the eight elements. For tier 2 and 3, casting a spell of any of the associated elements will magic burst. How the new ones will work though is anyone's guess.
    (0)

I simply can't make heads or tails out of these crazy videos... The fact that all the text in the videos and the descriptions are in Japanese doesn't help. If Community Rep would step up and explain these, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uenL4w2g82I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fDGpteR4CE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_37T5B8VVDU
    Look at the dates on those videos, middle of 2009, they were uploaded when Wings of the Goddess was still in the middle of being released. Those are videos showcasing content in Wings of the Goddess. You could check patch notes from around that time to have an idea of what they are talking about. Also look at the account that uploaded them, it's not SquareEnix, so it's a player video showing them doing things in the game they though were interesting. As it's not an official video, the staff aren't likely to comment on them.

You keep using that excuse, but you have the ability to do wiki and Google searches just like the rest of us, and you should be able to ask questions when you don't understand something, and ask them in a way that more clearly leads to what you want to know. Instead, you just randomly dig up old things without focus.

There are plenty of guides on the wiki that introduce you to the basic mechanics of the game, like skillchains, magic burst, and all sorts of mechanics that have been introduced over the years. The UI is full of the terms, and you can easily search them as you play.

Really?? REALLY?? I don't know you from a hole in the wall. I'm not trying to make your life any harder. I don't know what else to say. I'm really at a loss for words... That hurts... That kills me... You broke my heart...
    You were in an LS with me, and posting on several other FFXI forums that I tried to help you in, including the one on Guildwork. You always bring up this point, but then when people try to help you you just give up, or switch to another topic entirely. You even did one asking if any "PS2 development backdoors" remained in the game so you could punch in codes to make things easier for you (like the client actually calculates any of your player data instead of the server, so you could edit data on the server with cheats on your console... No, a GM would need to do that, or a server admin, using an interface we don't have).
    (6)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 05-12-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    << SNIP! >> You keep using that excuse, but you have the ability to do wiki and Google searches just like the rest of us, and you should be able to ask questions when you don't understand something, and ask them in a way that more clearly leads to what you want to know. Instead, you just randomly dig up old things without focus. << SNIP! >>
    Really?? REALLY?? I don't know you from a hole in the wall. I'm not trying to make your life any harder. I don't know what else to say. I'm really at a loss for words... That hurts... That kills me... You broke my heart...
    (2)
    Last edited by Billnes; 11-08-2015 at 01:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast