Npc to cancel quests/missions and force locate alt characters

This has less to do with me and more with the plight I've seen from others here and on reddit.

To simplify the requests to cancel xyz quest/mission, could a one stop npc be added that could cancel out any current mission/quest your on, leaving you as simply 'done' with the previous quest/mission? Perhaps so far as to nullify all progress on a line?

To what end?

If someone wants to nullify Sandy missions, select Sandy missions, click do-over and boom they are rank 1 Sandy. This would need to negate all rank awards or have a fee that makes it unprofitable to do unless your mission-locked and motivated, say $1mil, idc.

People have been stuck in some cases for years, being told, only a dev can fix their issues and yet they're unfixed.

Also, being able to force-zone one of our own characters on our own content ID to its home nations homepoint would be nice when there is a glitch on an alternate character. Perhaps this could trigger a check for FFXI-3202 and make sure said character could be played when relocated. A npc we could pay for this at would motivate people not to do it arbitrarily, say 100k?
    (1)

Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    This has less to do with me and more with the plight I've seen from others here and on reddit.

To simplify the requests to cancel xyz quest/mission, could a one stop npc be added that could cancel out any current mission/quest your on, leaving you as simply 'done' with the previous quest/mission? Perhaps so far as to nullify all progress on a line?

To what end?

If someone wants to nullify Sandy missions, select Sandy missions, click do-over and boom they are rank 1 Sandy. This would need to negate all rank awards or have a fee that makes it unprofitable to do unless your mission-locked and motivated, say $1mil, idc.

People have been stuck in some cases for years, being told, only a dev can fix their issues and yet they're unfixed.

Also, being able to force-zone one of our own characters on our own content ID to its home nations homepoint would be nice when there is a glitch on an alternate character. Perhaps this could trigger a check for FFXI-3202 and make sure said character could be played when relocated. A npc we could pay for this at would motivate people not to do it arbitrarily, say 100k?
    I think this is great, but sadly I also believe this is incomplete. In my humble opinion, I believe that another function this NPC would need is the ability to find and inform you of any missing / overlooked missions and quests. After paying the NPC a small fee, anything missing would show up in blinking or pulsating bright red text when you went into your logs of completed missions or quests. The logic behind this would be to help players find missing items that will prevent them from completing Seekers of Adoulin or RoV.
    (1)

That's a great addition.

Or perhaps.... A new command like /incomplete and it could list them without needing a npc for that aspect.
    (0)

4. 11-03-2015 10:58 AM

Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    That's a great addition.

Or perhaps.... A new command like /incomplete and it could list them without needing a npc for that aspect.
    After thinking about this for a little while, I decided to delete my original reply & write a fresh reply: If you had a new command such as /incomplete or /missing, I'm afraid it would only tell you the names, without any additional context. Additional context, meaning a missing mission or quest blinking or pulsating in red text (in the position within your log where it should have been, if you actually did it) illustrates where the missing item fits in (within the over all scheme of things). Once the missing mission or quest is complete, the blinking or pulsating text would go over to normal white text.

Having blinking red text show up to inform you of what you're missing is a service. Services are something that has to be paid for. Handing some gil over to an NPC is the payment for that service. It doesn't have to be a lot. Let's say.... 1,200 gil for all missions only & 1,200 gil for all quests only.
    (0)

Well good news on this, the dev team isn't requires to fix character data, an SGM can do it. GM Emdub today fixed my mission state for the mission: Lightbringer. I had been stuck on it since November 2013, but my play sessions have been short, so getting a GM available has been hard. I've talked to about 6 over the past 2 years. He had me log in, wait in front of him, and he reset my missions state, so it was accepted but no NPCs had been talked to and the KIs I needed were missing.

There is the problem with certain character data issues, like not being able to log in, that they won't communicate with you via the email linked to your SquareEnix Account, so you have to be able to be in-game to get GM help.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/