Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Augment Clarification

Dear Community Reps/Dev Team,

Can we get some clarification on the Augments available for the new armor, and which stones are for what please
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well besides the fact that there's an in-depth look at it over on BG...

Basically, augments available on the new armor vary, but you have three major types: Attribute (Str, Dex, the works), Parameter (Acc/Racc/Macc and Atk/Ratk/MAB), and Utility (basically everything else like Subtle Blow, Store TP, Magic Burst Damage, etc; this one varies highly by the set of armor you're augmenting). When you pick a stone, you have a chance of rolling any of these augments in a number of sets (say something like... STR+9, Atk/Acc+12, STP+4, as an example). It can be anywhere from 1-3 augments depending on which stone you use; each stone "favors" a different slot, and guarantees you'll get something in that slot, even if it's a +1. (I've gotten a +1 STR only aug before...). Taupe Stones favor the Attribute slot, Pellucid Stones favor the Parameter slot, and Fern Stones favor the Utility slot. We're still breaking it down, but we believe that they also increase the cap of possible augments slightly for the slot you picked; i.e. if you picked Pellucid Stone the Parameter Slot might have a cap of +30 while if you use another stone the cap will be +25, etc.

So yeah, that's the general idea of how it works. :O There's more over on the Reisenjima Augments thread over on BG, if you're so inclined to see our ongoing study of the augment ranges/possibilities.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I've been following the BG thread
    I just wanted to see if SE would weight in on it all.
    (0)