Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    What I want to see most is making so that the legendary weapons work from the off hand. I have 4 daggers to choose from, why can't I hold all these daggers...
    Go try fighting with a case of rapiers, and see exactly how easy it is to use both weapons to full effect, let alone the one in your primary hand.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    To be less dismissive, there's a very, very good in-universe reason for this to not work with Mythics. Honestly, you shouldn't even be able to equip the mythic as anything but main hand, and not be able to offhand any other relic or empyrean weapon offhand while mainhanding the mythic.

In reality, the way in which things are calculated relies on handedness, as far as I understand it: Aftermath only applies to the main hand, and can only be generated by the main hand. Assuming they have some sort of hook... functionality set up, what would happen is equipping a mythic would create a little note that says "if an attack round happens and this weapon is in the main hand, if there is no DA/TA/QA, check to see if aftermath is up, and if so, apply OAx.

There'd be a similar one for WSes: "If a weapon skill is done, and this weapon is in the main hand, if the weapon skill is the one associated with the weapon, apply a modifier of +X% to the damage total".

Honestly, there's probably not even a "if this weapon is in the main hand" check involved. It could simply be done when the weapon is equipped. "If this weapon is equipped in the main hand, register this event in the list of on-hit events, and this event in the list of on-WS events."

Ultimately, without knowing exactly how they do it, there's nothing I can say other than I wouldn't be surprised if the way it was originally designed, back with relics, was created in such a way as they never intended someone to dual wield them, and then when Mythic and Empyrean were added, they just "copied and pasted" the previous functionality, updated it a bit, and left it like that.

For all we know, this stuff is hard-coded, and would literally require them to go are rewrite sections of code, instead of just modifying some scripts.

And further more, with how the game has been added onto again and again over the years, even with good design documentation, it's very possible that certain sections of the code are a mess, and there could be so much stuff patched together that adjusting "one little thing" like making aftermath work for offhand weapons could screw up other things.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What is the very, very good in-universe reason for not dual wielding mythics? Because they were collected by a king? August collected all the alluvion skirmish weapons but those work just fine in the offhand. Relic weapons were just weapons used in the crystal war, and Empyreans you get out of a box in re'lude gardens. Most one hand jobs dual wield. So what? Even if you have multiple legendary weapons you have to find the next best normal weapon to do half of your hits with? It's ridiculous.

As it stands now I have no intention of using the Aeonic dagger. Having to use extenerator at 3000 tp for an aftermath that wears off after one t4 does not seem worthwhile, especially if the certain weaponskills it works with only includes extenerator. My mythic weapon even before it is upgraded is better than that. However if I could use my mythic with the aeonic it would be a worth while combo.
    (3)

As previously mentioned, we are planning to make it possible to upgrade your Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons further, and I wanted to share a tidbit of information since we’ve seen a couple of questions about this. Currently we are planning to make it so if you are upgrading a weapon that has an afterglow, it will take less time and energy to create as opposed to those without an afterglow.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Will weapons with afterglow still have an afterglow after they are upgraded?

If you don't upgrade an afterglow weapon will you still be able to afterglow the weapons once it's been upgraded?

Will the afterglowing process take less time and energy if you do it after you upgrade it?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you don't upgrade an afterglow weapon will you still be able to afterglow the weapons once it's been upgraded?
    This is kind of important. Currently, there are additional trials to afterglow the weapons after-the-fact, so they need to be sure this option is still available.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm mainly worried that, since having the afterglow version reduces the difficulty in further upgrading, that upgrading non-afterglow mythics will be insanely tedious and possibly difficult.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Currently we are planning to make it so if you are upgrading a weapon that has an afterglow, it will take less time and energy to create as opposed to those without an afterglow.
    Any plans to add an Afterglow for Idris or Epeolatry? Would totally love the glow, and spending less time upgrading it. ;D
    (0)
    7/10/14

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8