Character
    Sabishii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Remedies - false advertisement

Okay, we have an issue with Remedy the medicine that we spam to remove all sorts of status aliments that our friendly mobs put on us. It says in the description: "This potion remedies status aliments. Works on paralysis, silence, blindness, poison, and disease."

There is one issue with this description: remedies do not work on disease. Every time I pop a remedy when I have any kind of disease/virus, it removes almost everything BUT the disease. Yet the English description of this item says it removes disease. Does the Japanese version of remedy's description say "removes disease" or does it say it, any no one's really noticed or spoke out about it?
    (1)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wiki says it only has a chance to remove disease and its not 100%. Have you tried using like a stack and seeing if it happens?
    (0)

Character
    Sabishii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    Wiki says it only has a chance to remove disease and its not 100%. Have you tried using like a stack and seeing if it happens?
    Honestly, I haven't wasted a stack of remedies to try and remove disease, but I haven't seen remedies remove disease even ONCE after 14 years of playing this game. They keep piling on status effects on mobs' attacks, I remember getting paralyzed during vagary, while also being diseased, and the remedy I popped removed the paralyze but never the disease.
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It is entirely possible that you are trying to use remedies to remove the Virus status. The Disease ailment is a fairly uncommon low level effect used by only a handful of mob types, off the top of my head I can only think of Undead Hounds that can inflict it. The Virus status uses the same icon but is much more common at higher levels, virtually everything you see with that dark-skull-shaped icon at item levels will be Virus. Disease only prevents you from recovering HP and MP while using the /heal command (resting), Virus inflicts a TP and MP poison effect, despite using the same icon they are treated as completely different status ailments.
    (3)