Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

[dev 1295] Merit and job points.

The maximum number of merit points will be increased.
    The maximum number of merit points that can be placed into the following categories will be increased as follows.
    HP: from 45 to 75.
    * The maximum number of merit points will be increased from 15 to 45.
    Attributes: from 60 to 105.
    Combat skills: from 112 to 151.
    Magic skills: from 80 to 112.

The maximum number of job points able to be stored at once will be increased from 350 to 500.

The maximum number of job points that may be spent per category will be increased from 15 to 20.

New gifts will be added.
    One of these gifts for each job will be a job master title, obtainable at the maximum value of 2100.
    I dunno about the rest of you, but as a job points freak I am absolutely salivating at this. Already have 1550 job points on BLM and MNK, 840 on WHM. And of course there's constant capping on merit points.

Job master title though.... Is that literally just a title? The kind you get from your Status > Profile screen and which is overwritten by any number of quests, wimpy NMs, and events? Seems pretty lame for a Gift if that's all there is at the 2100 level.

I hope this will be accompanied by another double capacity points campaign. I could use one sooner than that actually. Would love to get my WHM job points up to 1550 ahead of time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 10-27-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Could use a permanent double CP really, perhaps we'll get it through the new RoV KIs.
    (4)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Could use a permanent double CP really, perhaps we'll get it through the new RoV KIs.
    That'd be nice, but I would hope that at least they then stop doing the periodic double CP campaigns so that everyone can just settle on this new normal.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    COULD WE PLEASE INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF WEAPON SKILL MERITS??

I love increased merits for Combat, HP, etc, but why can we not have at least a small increase for Weapon Skills?

It would also be nice to uncap Group 2 Job Merits because so many jobs are incredibly limited to meriting specific things. Limiting this group greatly limits/weakens spell selection for jobs like Rdm, Nin, and Blm, which just seems unfair.

They may as well uncap Group 1 too. I mean, why not?
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I really hope your right on that! As I'm a relatively casual player these days 6 JP a day is about all I average when the double cp campaign isn't running. I'm also hoping in the new area there are massive amounts of non-linking, non-agro XP mobs for spending the next 2-3 years capping one job on JP's lol.
    (2)