Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

"Hide" option for active spell list or..?

I manually scroll through my magic list very often; As a GEO and SCH, I don't have the space on my macro bar to macro every spell that I need to use. Along with that, I've learned a ton of magic that I've never actually used such as miscellaneous Bar-spells or even -na spells... having a WHM Trust NPC around pretty much allows me to never cast such spells.

When I'm scrolling through my magic list to find the spell I'd like to cast, it usually takes me an inordinate amount of time to find it because I have to scroll and jump all over the place. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time just trying to find the spell I want to cast.

Can a feature be implemented to "hide" spells from your active spell list? Being able to hide spells that I never use would be helpful and a time-saver. Of course, you could always just manually type it in as a /magic command (since you actually know the spell) or "unhide" it from your active spell list if there was some situation where you needed the spell again.

Alternatively, if that's not possible, could you just add an NPC that makes you forget spells you've learned? I've learned every Bar-spell and -na spell, but I honestly don't think I've actually casted them... ever. Again, the WHM Trust NPCs are usually infinitely faster than I am to cast such spells. There's no point, to me, of even knowing the magic anymore. They've added a NPC in a very old update that makes you forget that you ever completed your AF quests, so I know it can be done.

It's an odd request, but it's something I notice that happens to me every time I do anything in the game.
    (1)
    Last edited by radarbabyeater; 10-27-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    why not just "Manually sort/store your spells you use the most to the top of the list; therefore you don't have to scroll them them all. ^^b
    (4)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    why not just "Manually sort/store your spells you use the most to the top of the list; therefore you don't have to scroll them them all. ^^b
    I guess that is a valid option, but the anal retentiveness in me is seething. It just keeps saying, "Make the spells you never use go away forever."
    (0)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Could a Community Rep please weigh in on this..? I saw this posted by Grekumah:

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The development team is planning on changing the auction house in a way that adjusts the listing time and transaction fees in the upcoming November version update.
    I mean no offense by this, but if you have the time to implement something like this (something that I've seen literally nobody ever talk about... correct me if I'm wrong), could you maybe throw my meaningless request in there, too? At least there's one person who wants it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    I mean no offense by this, but if you have the time to implement something like this (something that I've seen literally nobody ever talk about... correct me if I'm wrong), could you maybe throw my meaningless request in there, too? At least there's one person who wants it.
    Empty auction houses have been brought up many times.
    (3)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Empty auction houses have been brought up many times.
    I'm sorry, but how exactly is adjusting listing times and transaction fees going to magically make more inventory appear on the AH? You're describing a problem that is systemic of a server that has a dwindling population. Try not to derail my topic anymore, please. I'm free to voice my wishes on here as much as the next person.
    (0)

I'm sorry, but how exactly is adjusting listing times and transaction fees going to magically make more inventory appear on the AH? You're describing a problem that is systemic of a server that has a dwindling population.
    The only reason for adjusting the AH would be to increase usage. We won't know what effect it actually has until they tell us what the adjustments are.

Try not to derail my topic anymore, please.
    You are the one who posted a quote from another thread and then invited more conversation on it when you said "correct me if I'm wrong".

I'm free to voice my wishes on here as much as the next person.
    When did I imply otherwise?

That said, I don't think your idea is a bad one. I do think it's unlikely to be implemented due to limited use. You're better off sorting them how you want them.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm sorry, but how exactly is adjusting listing times and transaction fees going to magically make more inventory appear on the AH? You're describing a problem that is systemic of a server that has a dwindling population. Try not to derail my topic anymore, please. I'm free to voice my wishes on here as much as the next person.
    Things vanish from the auction house within 3 days from listing if not sold. If you extend that time, there will be less unsold merchandise vanishing from auction. It works better for items that don't sell particularly fast.
    (3)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    The only reason for adjusting the AH would be to increase usage. We won't know what effect it actually has until they tell us what the adjustments are.

You are the one who posted a quote from another thread and then invited more conversation on it when you said "correct me if I'm wrong".

When did I imply otherwise?

That said, I don't think your idea is a bad one. I do think it's unlikely to be implemented due to limited use. You're better off sorting them how you want them.
    You are correct on all counts. Sorry for being hot-headed.
    (4)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Would love for a Community Rep to bring this to the attention of the Development Team. Or just acknowledge this in general.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast