Thread: AoE question

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

AoE question

Just a simple question, does anyone think the spamming of AoE's by NM's are getting out of hand? I know many will say you need to get better gear or prepare better but thats not what i'm asking about. I just want to know has SE gone overboard with their artificial difficulty by making most NM's spam AoE's to such an extent it makes things stupid more then difficult.
    (4)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would agree with this.
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I feel that the AoE spam was to make it more challenging. With little AoE spam, almost all DDs would go /nin for shadows and there would be little risk. IIRC this is why SE started putting more AoE on NMs a while back.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    However, I think it was a poorly planned decision to just throw in AoE everywhere. It's why ranged jobs and magic jobs, I feel, are more asked for due to being a safer alternative.
    (1)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    However, I think it was a poorly planned decision to just throw in AoE everywhere. It's why ranged jobs and magic jobs, I feel, are more asked for due to being a safer alternative.
    I've noticed almost all DD jobs are dead for almost all content. I don't know the last time i've seen a upclose DD job other then blu. I haven't seen a DRG, WAR, SAM (outside of vagary for skillchaining), etc.. in any content for sometime now. I think they should do something to help bring Physical DD's back to the game.
    (0)