Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FFXI crossover event comming to FFXIV

SE just announced in the live letter that there will be big FFXI crossover event in FFXIV starting on 11/11 to commemorate FFXI's last patch. If you play FFXIV too you may want to check it out that day.
    (1)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Sadly, as awesome as it sounds, knowing XIV with their events, it'll be "talk to a npc, do a fate/click a thing, done, here's a minion" and will be dead within the first few hours of release :/

Tbh, I do hope it's not a minion for the reward. I mean come on, who actually uses those? Can't use them in dungeons so no one sees them.
    (3)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 10-26-2015 at 05:23 AM.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

This is What I wonder with the Last Patch amongst the Forums Usage!?

So Now after the last patch to FFXI hits with an FFXI cross-over to FFXIV pushing players to change games, what will become of the ffxi forums usage with stayed behind players still commenting in there wanting changes to still happen?

Will it all be on high ignorance stating sorry we can't do that unless it fits as really extremely minor change but most likely be on all silenced or what do you think will happen to the FFXI Forums after the dev's and creator's do the final patch since it would seem the forums would become not much a use after that time??
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post
    Sadly, as awesome as it sounds, knowing XIV with their events, it'll be "talk to a npc, do a fate/click a thing, done, here's a minion" and will be dead within the first few hours of release :/

Tbh, I do hope it's not a minion for the reward. I mean come on, who actually uses those? Can't use them in dungeons so no one sees them.
    The halloween event this year has a mount, so that was a bit different.

Also, minions will be used in the new Gold Saucer minigame, so they are about to see their care-itude increase

Hopefully they do something nice over here in XI too though. It's only fair.

So Now after the last patch to FFXI hits with an FFXI cross-over to FFXIV pushing players to change games, what will become of the ffxi forums usage with stayed behind players still commenting in there wanting changes to still happen?
    They know (or should know) full well that the XI players who resent XIV will not come over no matter what they do. Personally, I see it as highlighting the legacy, and things like that and Grandmasters and whatever else they do will ensure that no matter what happens to XI, people will still be reminded of it. I try to look on the bright side. I'm actively subbed to both games right now, and recently finished the SoA storyline (which was great IMO).
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-26-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post

That is pretty funny, I bet you are right. That is pretty much all the events in FFXIV lol. Just reading "Grand Finale" just makes me sad, a great game with such great potential is being slapped onto a mobile market just to keep XIV relevant on PC. This game could have been so much more.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you could pick an NPC in the game and have their look available as gear who would it be? If you want something other than a minion, suggest an alternative
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well I don't play XIV anymore because I found it boring for my tastes (this latest patch they have seems to be more of the same too...) I think it would be kinda funny if they put Absolute Virtue, Kirin and Pandy Warden in one big Fate and it was impossible to win lol. Then for participating maybe you get classic FFXI items like a Kraken Club, Ridill or some fun glamour toy.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    Well I don't play XIV anymore because I found it boring for my tastes (this latest patch they have seems to be more of the same too...)
    Far from it, particularly with the new places to visit by airship and stuff, its semi open world content, from the description it sounds kind of like the current format for dynamis (travel to an area for a limited time, you'll find other people / parties there as well), and more difficult locations require a free company (finally). That's basically a brand new system- yeah, there's new dungeons and a raid too like usual, but there are other things like this that aren't part of every single patch. It's not like every new battle content we've gotten here hasn't been essentially the same either, with new high tier missions, more monster rearing ranks and monsters, more wanted battles, etc.

The real problem has been the slow development cycle. This is one of the longest patch intervals I've ever seen in an MMO. But since PvP is always fun for me, that's a great way to enjoy the game when I'm mostly done with other things. I love ballista in XI too... I just wish I could still play it (like, really play it, not just duel). With the lack of even pretty playthings as rewards, ballista all but completely fell off the map after the Royale.

Also, aside from that, I'd like to add that it's a collaboration event, which means there will probably be something for XI as well, even though Yoshida made the announcement. Perhaps the community reps will be able to tell us something here.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-26-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't see how you can say "far from it" when they are basically adding ONE thing that is different (which, is it really different? It seems like hunts ver 2.0 with some gathering aspects) I personally feel all the stuff they are coming out with is the same as always, two new dungeons to spam endlessly on roulette for tomes which will get boring after the 2nd time of doing it and another crystal tower like event. The dungeons are the same setup every single time, fodder mobs > boss > fodder mobs > boss. Nothing different or unique to them. The combat system itself along with gear itemization is BORING (to me, I'm not speaking for everyone.) If there was a point to the gear aside from glamour and it had some longevity, I guess it would be ok. The fact its demolished next major update makes me not even want to attempt to spam those dungeons. Like I said earlier it just doesn't work for me.

To your comment on XI content being all the same, I don't think I can agree there. Sinister Reign and High-Tier battles are different in structure (one has waves of bosses which progressively get harder with diff mechanics, another is a familiar old-world boss with similar mechanics to original and different loot distribution.) It would be like saying it's the same because you kill a monster, well that is any kind of content I guess? At least they all offer rewards that are relevant and stay that way. The itemization and battle system is much better for me which makes it more fun.
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't see how you can say "far from it" when they are basically adding ONE thing that is different
    How many brand new contents get added in every XI patch?

All I'm saying is that XI hasn't been innovating any more than XIV has, so it's not a fair criticism. The lords of verminion thing is all new as well, so its not fair to say "one thing."

Sinister Reign and High-Tier battles are different in structure
    Different XIV bosses are different in structure as well, so this not a reasonable argument. Adding new high tier battles and adding new hard mode bosses is the exact same thing. They are directly analogous. Sinister Reign is just another BCNM, akin to adding a new primal or other boss.

I really don't and didn't want to get into a this game or that game is better crapping contest, because the fact is, both games are good in their own ways. But their development patterns are more similar than people seem to realize.

At least they all offer rewards that are relevant and stay that way.
    This isn't really all that true even in XI anymore. But I also don't understand the appeal of really old items staying relevant. Personally, after playing a game for years, I would hope that I'd find upgrades and change my appearance and stats over time. Even in the 75 days this wasn't completely true, there was still some stat creep, it just happened slowly. We were a lot more powerful late in Treasures than we were in ROTZ, and not just in sidegrades.

Set aside the "push people" conspiracy theories and resentment for just a moment and try to look at this objectively.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-26-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast