Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 136
  1. #61
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,633
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The quests in FFXIV are so pointless and I did them all hoping they would add lore but they didn't
    Obviously you didn't read one line of dialogue or watch any cutscenes because the game is loaded with lore. Hell, the NA localization leads post huge detailed info posts about the lore in the game on the forums too. The dragons in Heavensward have an actual language of their own and it's even voiced in game. You must have missed all that, along with the 5 people who liked your post. Even if you want to hate every pixel of the game or gouge out your eyes after playing it, claiming there's "no lore" is a complete and total falsehood. Now if you want to say you didn't find the lore *interesting*, that's fine understandable. I wouldn't agree, but I would respect such an opinion, as it is just that, an opinion. Different people find different things interesting.

    FFXIV just reskinned old content and called it new and I think it got old fast.
    What's the difference between releasing new salvage runs and releasing hard modes of an existing dungeon etc? I see none. I also don't see how whether or not you make such a claim actually changes the fact that existing content is being recycled in both games, making this an absurd argument. Pretty much every MMO and huge swaths of non MMOs even recycle assets and content.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-02-2015 at 03:30 PM.

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  2. #62
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    179
    FFXIV lore and story are pretty abyssal, it feels incredibly derivative, the story is filled with fetch quests and the translator team couldn't resist shoving sex jokes every 5 NPC or so.

    It doesn't help that the lore exist in a bubble and the developers don't care to incorporate it into the game. Have fun riding Odin horse you bought on the cash shop. Very lore. Much immersive.


    FFXI quests may be poinless, but a lot of 'em actually offered nice story-arcs. There are some ridicolous fetch quests, but they are certainly less.
    (7)
    Last edited by Jin_Uzuki; 11-02-2015 at 03:31 PM.

  3. #63
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,633
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    FFXIV lore and story are pretty abyssal, they feel incredibly derivative,
    No more derivative than XI's lore. What fantasy story concept HASN'T been done before in a game? Personally other than a certain section of the main scenario mentioned below, I found the story to be quite compelling. Long story short, this is a matter of opinion. I disagree with but respect yours.

    It doesn't help that the lore exist in a bubble and the developers don't care to incorporate it into the game.
    The lore is incorpoated into the game. I don't even understand what you're trying to get at here.

    couldn't resist shoving sex jokes every 5 NPC or so.
    I really don't think we're playing the same game. I can't find these overabundant sex jokes.

    FFXI quests may be poinless, but a lot of 'em actually offered nice story-arcs.
    Lots of XIV quests also offer nice story arcs. You must not have played them.

    This isn't to say that the story/lore isn't without flaw. There are things I shin should have been handled differently, particularly there' are some situations in the main scenario where the player character acts in a cutscene in such a way that is different from what any sensible person would do, and the story only works because of it. That could have been done better. Yes, there are some fetch quests that don't advance the lore of the area, but there are plenty of such quests in XI as well.

    Every class and job in XIV (including the crafting/gathering ones) has a story arc, and those arcs also continued in the expansion. in FFXI, after you did the AF quests, that was it. They never expanded on them, not directly at least.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-02-2015 at 03:45 PM.

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  4. #64
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    179
    No more derivative than XI's lore.
    FFXI doesn't have Lighting running around the game, people dressed in Cloud outfit and the entire CT arc that it's heavy lifted from FFIII. FFXIV is a game without a strong sense of identity, as opposed to FFXI (lol even the races are derivative)

    XIV is boring and relies on nostalglia.

    FFXIV 1.0. had a stronger sense of identity, though.

    I found the story to be quite compelling.
    If you think stuff like Titan's party arc or Garuda's crystal arc are compelling, I don't know what to tell you.

    Even Gaius stuff was embarrassingly boring.

    The lore is incorpoated into the game. I don't even understand what you're trying to get at here.
    FFXI lore is incorporated (well, these days mostly WAS) into the game. Everything in the game world had to fit the established rule-set. In FFXIV we kill Ifrit with Fire while our cat girl in bikini rides Odin horse we bought on the cash-shop.

    Every class and job in XIV (including the crafting/gathering ones) has a story arc, and those arcs also continued in the expansion. in FFXI, after you did the AF quests, that was it. They never expanded on them, not directly at least.
    Too bad the writing is garbage. I think the only Job storyline I enjoyed among the 3 jobs I had at 50 was the SCH, and that was heavily lifted from FFXI Tonberry storyline.


    Sorry, but we are not on XIV forum. You won't convince people XIV isn't bad because here people have more expectations than running their cat girls in bikini and logging 2 hours at day to run 2 instances and cap tomes for gears they'll replace in 3 months.
    (12)

  5. #65
    Player Raydeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MogVault 101
    Posts
    600
    And the Grand Spamalox XIV just keeps going. Amazing. The legend continues.
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

  6. #66
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I really don't think we're playing the same game. I can't find these overabundant sex jokes.
    A male Miqo'te retainer, and I assume the female equivalent is the only thing I can think of that uses sexual innuendo, I guess he watched one youtube clip and made his judgement based on that.

    Problem is, people are too used to characters lacking personality because of this game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 11-03-2015 at 10:56 AM.

  7. #67
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    A male Miqo'te retainer, and I assume the female equivalent is the only thing I can think of that uses sexual innuendo, I guess he watched one youtube clip and made his judgement based on that.

    Problem is, people are too used to characters lacking personality because of this game.
    Yes, everyone who dislike FFXIV didn't play it. There is a secret conspiracy to degrade XIV from XI players, the secret game only few elects played. You caught us.

    Based Yoshi-P!
    (5)

  8. #68
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    Yes, everyone who dislike FFXIV didn't play it. There is a secret conspiracy to degrade XIV from XI players, the secret game only few elects played. You caught us.

    Based Yoshi-P!
    Nope, just people upset their favourite games popularity is falling and blaming it on another game rather than accept it's because it's become stagnant.
    (0)

  9. #69
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Nope, just people upset their favourite games popularity is falling and blaming it on another game rather than accept it's because it's become stagnant.
    My disliking of FFXIV has nothing to do with FFXI.

    In fact, I wasn't even planning of going back to XI ever, I only returned with a fresh character because I saw the "Grand Finale" campaign months ago. I had already quit FFXIV by then, I was tired of Yoshi-P "lol, play the same game over and over and reset gears ever 3-6 months".
    (5)

  10. #70
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    My disliking of FFXIV has nothing to do with FFXI.

    In fact, I wasn't even planning of going back to XI ever, I only returned with a fresh character because I saw the "Grand Finale" campaign months ago. I had already quit FFXIV by then, I was tired of Yoshi-P "lol, play the same game over and over and reset gears ever 3-6 months".
    The same has happened to FFXI though, everything new is recycled old-content. Admittedly, I'm not too fond of it happening in FFXIV so soon.
    (0)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast