Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Change that caption to "Stop disliking what I like. /frownyface" and that's the Grand Spamalox XIV.

Either way, I'm surprised the mods have left this thread open for so long.

And so, the legend continues...
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Quote Originally Posted by peculiar View Post
    ffxiv is a 95% clone of wow, why would a long time ffxi player want to play a shallow and poor copy of wow?

The most important features from this game are all missing in xiv, the only plus it has are graphics related. The only claim to fame it has are the graphics, xi players who have stuck with this game this long are simply going to hate what xiv is.

If they wanted to play wow they would of played it a long time ago. Every xi player I know who went to xiv hates it and endlessly complains about how bad it is, they only stick around because this game is near dead now and there is nothing else at all that they want to play.

The only time I play and resub back to xiv is right after a new patch, never any other time. It's just a shallow mess and it always will be, the constant gear treadmill sees to that.

You don't seem to get it so let me help you out, almost all of us have tried xiv and we don't like it.
    Pfft, I played FFXI for 7 years, and I can tell you that the story and gameplay doesn't grab my attention like FFXIV does. I haven't unsubbed from FFXIV since September 2010. I've unsubbed more times on FFXI because I can't find the drive to play it. I've done more grinding on FFXI than FFXIV, and my jobs are higher and I've accomplished more on FFXIV, too. FFXI has a good story and so does FFXIV, but my character feels like more of a part of the story than I did on FFXI.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...ral-Discussion

If you had any doubts as to if this sparked any interest to play FFXI or didn't have any kind of nostalgia effect on people, then you should check this thread.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...ral-Discussion

If you had any doubts as to if this sparked any interest to play FFXI or didn't have any kind of nostalgia effect on people, then you should check this thread.
    You mean this one?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...do-dis-%21-%21 The people who commented on that thread are all talking about growing up playing FFXI. They have praise for this game, but have moved onto better things such as FFXIV. Like me.
    (0)

Player
    Are the mods on holiday? normally you only have to say xiv is less than amazing to get a ban.

Maybe the report button is broke? Mystery.
    (0)

Are the mods on holiday? normally you only have to say xiv is less than amazing to get a ban.

This thread is relevant to FFXI as well as FFXIV because it was a collaboration event. FFXIV celebrated the end of FFXI's storyline as the special character Iroha came to FFXIV. Quit being rude. Even though my highest character level for FFXI isn't even Lv40, I've played this game a lot longer than you as I played it on US release. I'm a veteran to this game, but this game is way too time consuming to even finish for me, which is why I moved on but came back just for a month to see the ending storyline.

And you talked about FFXIV when bashing it. You've probably never even played it. It's not even close to a WoW clone, and I don't see any connections. Besides, I wouldn't even touch WoW and I have never played it. It's a childish game with a poor storyline compared to what even FFXI and FFXIV have combined. I played FFXI while my friends played WoW years ago. FFXI and FFXIV are the only MMOs I've ever played. I go for quality, and WoW doesn't have any of it. FFXI and FFXIV do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Naraku_Diabolos; 11-15-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    This thread is relevant to FFXI as well as FFXIV because it was a collaboration event. FFXIV celebrated the end of FFXI's storyline as the special character Iroha came to FFXIV. Quit being rude. Even though my highest character level for FFXI isn't even Lv40, I've played this game a lot longer than you as I played it on US release. I'm a veteran to this game, but this game is way too time consuming to even finish for me, which is why I moved on but came back just for a month to see the ending storyline.

And you talked about FFXIV when bashing it. You've probably never even played it. It's not even close to a WoW clone, and I don't see any connections. Besides, I wouldn't even touch WoW and I have never played it. It's a childish game with a poor storyline compared to what even FFXI and FFXIV have combined. I played FFXI while my friends played WoW years ago. FFXI and FFXIV are the only MMOs I've ever played. I go for quality, and WoW doesn't have any of it. FFXI and FFXIV do.

What was your veteran characters name, wanna see how much of a vet you are. Since you brought it up and all.

The way you talk I honestly don't think you played either game to cap.

Either way thanks for the chuckles while reading your post.

Let me help you out with something though:

We looked to World of Warcraft. What they have there is pretty much what most players are used to. We’re using that as a base.
    - Naoki Yoshida

Maybe you should go and play wow, if you like xiv so much wow will blow your socks off. Unless you only care about graphics ofc, which is a possibility. As I said, that's the only thing xiv does well anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by peculiar; 11-15-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Don't worry, we're waiting for it too.
    (1)

What was your veteran characters name, wanna see how much of a vet you are. Since you brought it up and all.

The way you talk I honestly don't think you played either game to cap.

Either way thanks for the chuckles while reading your post.

Let me help you out with something though:

We looked to World of Warcraft. What they have there is pretty much what most players are used to. We’re using that as a base.
    - Naoki Yoshida

Maybe you should go and play wow, if you like xiv so much wow will blow your socks off. Unless you only care about graphics ofc, which is a possibility. As I said, that's the only thing xiv does well anyway.
    I was Naraku on the Diabolos server.

I played ARR to cap before Heavensward; my highest level job so far is PLD52, the rest are 50 while AST, DRK, and MCH are Lv35. I'm crafting right now. Why rush to endgame in FFXIV when everything becomes obsolete every 3 months? Besides, if I rushed to the end, I'd have to wait 3 months for the new patch to come out. I'd get bored. I'm taking my time playing the game the way I want to. That's how games are designed. You're not the boss of me, I play the way I want to. I have a full time job, children, a wife, and a church group I'm a part of. I don't have time to be grinding non-stop each day.

Yoshida LOOKED to WoW for how he wanted his vision of FFXIV. He was inspired by the way the mold was for the game; inspiration and copying are two different things. It's not a complete carbon copy; I only see the HUD layout and cool downs for being the similar things. Maybe even doing quests, but I think that's it. FFXIV has a better story than WoW anyways, from what I've read of WoW. If I wanted to play a cartoon game, I'd play WoW. It's not even realistic looking and the gameplay makes the characters look like they are spanking invisible butt. Plus the art style is HORRIBLE for WoW. If FFXIV were to copy WoW, we'd have only one class per character. But since FFXIV is a lot like FFXI, we can freely switch between jobs and classes only on one character.

Plus FFXIV is a brand new game that brings out the best elements in the Final Fantasy series and also has a ton of nostalgia from past games. FFXI is about 13 years old; it's dated with content, but rich in story and lore. Customizing your character is the strongest point for FFXI. FFXI is just so slow to go through with gameplay and battling. WoW has only like only like what, 3 games before it to draw history from? FFXIV has 13 games prior PLUS spin-offs to draw lore from.

And no, thank you for the chuckles of trying to start something when clearly you are the aggressor while I am the defending myself. And to rub salt in your wounds, I only have to pay $9.99 a month and I can make up to 40 characters for free because of being a Legacy member. I'd have to pay $12.99 plus $1 for my second character on FFXI. See how much money I'm saving just by playing the other game?

Oh, and which game has more players on it right now? FFXI or FFXIV?
    (1)
    Last edited by Naraku_Diabolos; 11-15-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Player
    Oh, and which game has more players on it right now? FFXI or FFXIV?
    Wow at its lowest point has 10 times as many subscribers as both games combined, what point are you trying to make? If your point is a game with more players is better than as I said before, you need to get on over and try WoW because you're missing out on a game type you obvious like.

Unless you want to bypass subscriber numbers and use the registered player number fallacy that is common among xiv players of course, in which case wow has 100 million registered players.

ffxi at peak at just as many players as xiv did, it just cost a lot less to make.

I was Naraku on the Diabolos server.

I played ARR to cap before Heavensward; my highest level job so far is PLD52, the rest are 50 while AST, DRK, and MCH are Lv35. I'm crafting right now. Why rush to endgame in FFXIV when everything becomes obsolete every 3 months? Besides, if I rushed to the end, I'd have to wait 3 months for the new patch to come out. I'd get bored. I'm taking my time playing the game the way I want to. That's how games are designed. You're not the boss of me, I play the way I want to. I have a full time job, children, a wife, and a church group I'm a part of. I don't have time to be grinding non-stop each day.

Yoshida LOOKED to WoW for how he wanted his vision of FFXIV. He was inspired by the way the mold was for the game; inspiration and copying are two different things. It's not a complete carbon copy; I only see the HUD layout and cool downs for being the similar things. Maybe even doing quests, but I think that's it. FFXIV has a better story than WoW anyways, from what I've read of WoW. If I wanted to play a cartoon game, I'd play WoW. It's not even realistic looking and the gameplay makes the characters look like they are spanking invisible butt. Plus the art style is HORRIBLE for WoW. If FFXIV were to copy WoW, we'd have only one class per character. But since FFXIV is a lot like FFXI, we can freely switch between jobs and classes only on one character.

Plus FFXIV is a brand new game that brings out the best elements in the Final Fantasy series and also has a ton of nostalgia from past games. FFXI is about 13 years old; it's dated with content, but rich in story and lore. Customizing your character is the strongest point for FFXI. FFXI is just so slow to go through with gameplay and battling. WoW has only like only like what, 3 games before it to draw history from? FFXIV has 13 games prior PLUS spin-offs to draw lore from.

And no, thank you for the chuckles of trying to start something when clearly you are the aggressor while I am the defending myself. And to rub salt in your wounds, I only have to pay $9.99 a month and I can make up to 40 characters for free because of being a Legacy member. I'd have to pay $12.99 plus $1 for my second character on FFXI. See how much money I'm saving just by playing the other game?
    As you mentioned, you didn't play wow because you didn't like the art style. As such you have little understanding of what wow is and as such you can't really comment on it being a wow clone, you only know what xiv is and think it's unique. Anyone that has played both can see it's a carbon copy and tries hard to copy everything it does, as it will forever. The problem is that it copies it poorly, anyone that has mmo experience knows this and it's an accepted fact.

xiv is a nice pretty game, that's all it is. I know this hurts you to hear and makes you mad but it is what it is. If Square updated the graphics on xi and had not just discontinued updates most old xi players would be back on this game in a shot, xiv is boring and gear is in a constant stream of being added and made obsoloete patch after patch. I've had this discussion before but I'll mention it again, if xiv is so engrossing and great...why are you even here at all taking a break from it?

Oh and if you think paying a cheaper sub for a game I see very little value in is something to show off about then grats I guess. I pay less per year than you because I only sub for 1 month per following a major patch so yay me. Anyway should you not want them to have more money if you love it so much, not less? Someone is penny pinching!
    (0)
    Last edited by peculiar; 11-15-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast