Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cengeal View Post
    Ergons are mythic equivalents, so I am not bothered by there being no mythics in ToAU for RUN and GEO. As far as SE not wanting to do this for the sake of game lore, I think that's just a great excuse for them to do nothing. Game Lore wise, it makes absolutely no sense for Rune Fencer, the master of the great sword, to be able to use less "ultimate" great swords than Paladin, a job that can merely use Great Swords.

Secondly, I would not say that Ergons are "difficult" to get. They are highly time consuming, obnoxiously expensive (moreso than Mythics and Relics, not sure about Empyreans), and have a lot of requirements. And I do not accept that I should need it to play the job the way it was meant to be played. If you say that about AF/Relic/Emp armor, then I can accept that it. But when these weapons become the expected norm and you can't reach that norm without it, it's bad game design.

Finally, I have one more issue, that maybe I am wrong about. Were Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters represented by the Hydra Corps? Granted they are not on relic weapons, but they do have relic equipment that drops there. I also don't think there were any Dancer or Scholar weapons stored in the Aht Urgan treasure vault, but again, I may be mistaken. If I'm wrong, then no harm done. But if I'm right, then there is an enormous break from precedent to have done that for those jobs but not for RUN and GEO.
    As far as rmes go they haven't retroactively added anyone to them so it's not like it's a new thing. It's just the newest jobs get hit the hardest. That said if they are really going for the ergon is equivalent to mythic they should have gone with the full bit. Ie all the generic stats that mythics ergons should as well... ie give us the hidden ws boost!

They weren't in the hydra corps as far as I know which is probably a part of why they didn't do the weapons. Those were fairly lore specific ultimate pieces for them. But those jobs did exist in the past so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for armor.

As far mythics I don't think those and the stories behind them were added until dnc and sch came out and I don't think a full listing was came out before then so it's not like they had to change it. I believe this was the first announcement on it
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-07-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Character
    Vashkoda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Secondly, I would not say that Ergons are "difficult" to get. They are highly time consuming, obnoxiously expensive (moreso than Mythics and Relics, not sure about Empyreans), and have a lot of requirements. ... But when these weapons become the expected norm and you can't reach that norm without it, it's bad game design.
    I think all players would agree that it's obnoxious, but at least they gave us some kind of solution to work towards. They could have just left us with aettir and called it "fixed". And we still don't know what the Aeonic weapons will be like (although they will likely be even more obnoxious to obtain).

Were Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters represented by the Hydra Corps? Granted they are not on relic weapons, but they do have relic equipment that drops there. I also don't think there were any Dancer or Scholar weapons stored in the Aht Urgan treasure vault, but again, I may be mistaken. If I'm wrong, then no harm done. But if I'm right, then there is an enormous break from precedent to have done that for those jobs but not for RUN and GEO.
    [random spoilers to follow] BLU, COR and PUP jobs existed in the expansion before WotG, which is where we got the backstory for the Hydra Corps, yet I don't remember seeing those jobs mentioned in that storyline. There were no ToAU job hydra mobs added to Dynamis when they added their armor drops. However, the devs might have simply have decided that it wasn't worth the trouble of adding a backstory or a separate way to get the relic armors for those jobs. Relic weapons, made to be special, were probably where they drew the line (also, unlike armor, the relic weapons actually do have specific cutscenes and unique npcs tied to each of them). DNC and SCH, although not specifically mentioned in any original ToAU storyline (because WotG didn't yet exist), did get mythic weapons. It is not impossible for characters with those jobs to maybe have crossed over to Aht Urgan during or before the Crystal War, just as foreigners with BLU, COR and PUP jobs crossed over to the Middle Lands. One thing I can't explain is that SCH seemed to have been created as a strategy job specifically to help in the Crystal War (30 years ago), yet Balrahn was an "ancient" emperor. So how could Balrahn have collected an ancient mythic for SCH? The background info says "Balrahn took it for his own as a trophy of war following a successful campaign against the Mamool Ja tribes. However, even the most spirited of efforts by the empire's foremost scholars has yet to shed any light on the weapon's true meaning or significance." So maybe Aht Urgan had their own scholars (or at least the Mamools did) that developed independently of Bastok's scholars, and the mythic comes from them. But RUN and GEO job backstories are specifically tied to the nature and spiritual energies around Alduin, so I doubt you'll find any of them in ancient Aht Urgan (although there was a RUN who traveled around the Middle Lands in ancient times, fooling around with the Strange Apparatuses, so anything is possible?).

Anyways, regardless of whether it's a reasonable excuse or not, staying in accordance with the game lore has been the usual dev response to these types of questions regarding specific jobs being ignored on R/M/Es.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2