Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I can only hope that eventually they will inexplicably only make spellcasting possible from within 7' of the target and then it'll be your turn to cry foul.

By the way, the only reason this thread is getting the BST attention that it is is because the OP is someone that outwardly supports the BST nerf. Nobody really likes people with a "only my jobs matter, screw everyone else" attitude.
    (4)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Sinister should not take 3 minutes of magic bursting to complete. There's something wrong there.
    (4)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Maybe they should make it so that Immanence only works from 7 yalms away. Then later in an update they could add the ability to see how far away Immanence works. /s
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    All this bitching about the adjustments to Beastmaster is getting REALLY old. Get over it already. Christ... it's just a game. You had your time on the forefront and now it's gone. You people don't need to hijack every damn thread to complain about it.
    (4)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This has nothing to do with BST, just because OP is outspokenly for the BST nerf doesn't justify coming in a derailing another thread, go back to the threads discussing the nerf itself, present anecdotal evidence why the nerf is bad rather than complaining all the time and maybe the devs might see your side.
    (3)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    And magic bursting really is overpowered. All you need for any content now is a sch, a pld, 3 blms and a geo. Magic burst 99k, wham, bam, thank you man, gimmie my stuff. All other jobs are obsolete.
    (5)
    Last edited by Malthar; 10-25-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    While I do agree with the fact that MBs are a bit powerful given the complaint of the BST-era (With a nuke party of BLM BLM BLM SCH GEO we were taking things down within 1-2 volleys of nukes, and completely safe and out of range), hijacking a thread is going to hurt our support more than help it. >.> The more people you annoy, the less people you have to agree with the fact that the nerf needs to be revoked or reduced. You all are just shooting yourself in the foot. As a BST myself I'd love to see it undone, but let's not just trash every thread.

Ideally, perhaps MBs could be balanced somewhat; we already have the elemental damage gradual resistance build, but maybe mobs should get something like a Magic Burst Defense trait? Not all of them, no, but perhaps give situations in which DDs are good again. Frontliners have been having it rough for a while now. Of course, if such a thing is implemented, people will probably go back to RNG kills. It's funny how people complain about one job until it gets nerfed down severely, but the same situation of long-range, low-risk damage continues. I only hope that BLM/SCH aren't next on the chopping block. ^^;
    (5)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I agree that if magic gets nerfed we will likely go back to the RNG strat because they can get more accuracy than your standard melee. If rng gets nerfed we'll go back to throwing THF and BLU at things because they get far more accuracy than 2 handers. None of these outcomes will do anything for BST.

Also, unlike BST the mage strat requires a lot of gear to pull off. If you bring a bad nuker to things you'll be lucky if they break 10k on burst. You'll notice OP was talking about doing 20 - 50k dmg. His gear could use some work. Also the more mages you bring to things currently the worse your return. Really if you bring more than 3 jobs that can nuke you'll see a lot of 10k magic bursts. Pulling off 99k bursts takes buffs from 2 geos and high end gear and it's very rare to see multiple players hit 99k in the same volley.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Eh, I'd like to argue that to play BST equally well you're in a similar boat. When your TP move whiffs instead of hitting during SR, your DPS drops severely. When your move does 3k as opposed to 7k, your DPS drops severely. Etc etc. BST requires good gear, just as a nuker bursting does; we need pet: Attack/Acc, Pet: DA, Pet: DT, Pet: MAB, Pet: Macc, Pet: TP Bonus, etc. Nukers need INT, Magic Burst Damage, MAB, Macc, FC/Recast... etc. They're in similar boats.

As I said, I don't want to hear that BLM/SCH get dropped off of the board again, because the former have been off it for a good while now, however.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    That's a pretty childish response, I'd like to point out that posting in any thread they see fit won't generate the kind of response you want, SE aren't looking at the "Thanks for the magic burst update", "Availability of HMPs, Riftcinders, Riftdross" or "Offhand REM" threads for reaction to the BST nerf, flooding those sorts of threads with your complaints will only annoy other users and most likely lead to bans.

For the record, for all the complaining going on, people are still clearing content with BSTs, it hasn't suddenly become impossible, as for magic bursts being OP, sure they're powerful but that's under a well buffed, well geared party situation, the reason BST got nerfed was they could do all the above solo, with no help, sure they got stronger with a party situation but no other combination could solo as effectively as BST and while the argument has been BST is a solo job, in some respects yes but it was never intended to just go and clear VD content.

I know people will point out the RDM and SCH VD clear videos but you're pulling up on 1 exceptional SCH + RDM vs many known VD clears by multiple BSTs.
    I can drop 30k magic bursts on pretty much anything all day solo thanks to my stratagem gifts and never run out of MP thanks to Myrkr, sublimation and aspir. No buffs required. Just me and my nuke set. It get's even crazier when I have geo's and cors etc. buffing me. Almost all those "Known VD clears" by bsts are by the same 3 bsts from the same linkshell. Very few people make posts or videos about their solos. Go ask one of the BSTs from your shell to solo a VD fight for you. Hell offer to pay him. I bet you he can't do it. And that's not even being mean. I know you have good BSTs. But you are grossly exaggerating the commonality of people soloing those high level fights, and I bet you don't complain about any of this nonsense to the bsts in your shell when they are winning your gear for you. That's just wrong.

FWIW, this thread is about how strong magic bursts are and complaints about them being too strong are on topic whether you like the persons motives or not.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast