Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post

For the record, for all the complaining going on, people are still clearing content with BSTs, it hasn't suddenly become impossible, as for magic bursts being OP, sure they're powerful but that's under a well buffed, well geared party situation, the reason BST got nerfed was they could do all the above solo, with no help, sure they got stronger with a party situation but no other combination could solo as effectively as BST and while the argument has been BST is a solo job, in some respects yes but it was never intended to just go and clear VD content.
    It's amusing to see people think a sparks BST can waltz into a vd bcnm and win right now. It's just not happening. It's never happened. It will never happen.

The only BST who can clear vd's spent a half billion in perfect augments and have mythic weapons.

Now, as for the topic of the thread. I don't mind mages magic bursting back to back and clearing sr in 3min, sounds fun... All jobs should be having fun at this state of the game, not being nerfed into oblivion for the majority of the playerbase on their respective jobs.
    (4)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I take it you've looked up the linkshells I'm in? For the record the LS you're probably referring to I use as mostly a social LS, I went with them to Vagary the other day but that was the only thing in months, they run late EST which gets too late for me UK time.

I know I may give off this impression of being anti-BST but I assure you I'm not, what I'm against is uniformity, I didn't like the MNK only days, the SAM onry or the RNG only, I can understand the MB situation now because while BLM is best obviously, SCH can do strong MBs as well as doing it solo, as can RDM and GEO as well as fulfilling their support functions.

The problem began with the changes to attack vs defence calculations, that's when PLD really started to shine again as everyone found just throwing DDs at a mob just got people floored since a lot of people had long since abandoned PDT sets because in most situations, it wasn't needed. So then front line jobs are punished because, well they're terrible, they could just PDT-TP hybrid and probably be alright but that's clearly too much effort and unfortunately that stigma has spread that front line DDs = wipe. There are groups who will successfully clear with front line DDs but that's people who know eachother, not PUGs.

With the enmity adjustments now, you need something more than DDs just going to town to maintain hate, you could still zerg in a way but as I just mentioned you need to maintain some form of -DT, what I would suggest is lowering AoE damage so the target takes max damage and people take less damage the further from the target they are, or in the case of a mob centred AoE, their distance from the mob, that way you could position like this:

-------Support------

Tank----Mob---DDs

DDs and Tank being on opposite sides to maintain max distance with support on the side of the mob to maintain casting distance to both the tank and the DDs, this way frontline DDs can be effective, even the ones who can't be bothered to gear defensively.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    It's amusing to see people think a sparks BST can waltz into a vd bcnm and win right now. It's just not happening. It's never happened. It will never happen.

The only BST who can clear vd's spent a half billion in perfect augments and have mythic weapons.

Now, as for the topic of the thread. I don't mind mages magic bursting back to back and clearing sr in 3min, sounds fun... All jobs should be having fun at this state of the game, not being nerfed into oblivion for the majority of the playerbase on their respective jobs.
    I never said sparks BST, stop putting words in my mouth. This is all of your sides stupidest defence against people saying BST is OP, no one says anything about Sparks BST clearing VD content but you claim they do and condescend them for it.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I don't typically play mage jobs, except for rdm, but magic bursting is so strong now-a-days that I'm giving serious consideration to gearing my sch and blm, and making a mythic for sch. I've seen sch solo so much it's ridiculous.
    (2)

I never said sparks BST, stop putting words in my mouth. This is all of your sides stupidest defence against people saying BST is OP, no one says anything about Sparks BST clearing VD content but you claim they do and condescend them for it.
    Lets be crystal clear then Tidis. No BST without perfect gearswaps aka 3rd party cheating, perfect augments and a mythic weapon, are able to get a vd clear solo. The argument that BST clear vd content is supremely overstated. A very, very small group of people have ruined BST for the great majority and this Nerf didn't impact them.

My apologies that I thought you were the one on another thread that said a BST in sparks was capable of these clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    I don't typically play mage jobs, except for rdm, but magic bursting is so strong now-a-days that I'm giving serious consideration to gearing my sch and blm, and making a mythic for sch. I've seen sch solo so much it's ridiculous.
    SCH is crazy strong, I'm with you on that, I may need to bandwagon it, lol.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jile; 10-27-2015 at 02:01 AM.

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Threadjacking is obnoxious and rude.

You guys sound like the guy in a social circle who brings up some pet political issue in every conversation. Stick to the topic at hand for god's sake.

The guy makes high quality posts like:

Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Cool, thanks for answering. Also, thank you for nerfing BST!
    No, I'm happy BST got nerfed.

BST too strong. Nerf please.

...over on BLU and then makes this thread. This is exactly what he wanted. Are you mad because people fell for it? or did you take this thread seriously?
    (3)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    He's using hyperbole to highlight the way that you sound when you imply that BST is somehow easier to gear for those events than SCH. It's not. The augments that make those fights possible for bst are the rarest augments on the rarest and most expensive stones out of the bunch and it requires almost zero gear that can be purchased from the AH unlike SCH which can buy things like seshaw cape, mujin band frimosi earring etc. You have mage jobs. Go try it. I'll bet that you can get decent magic burst damage+ on a full set of helios within 2-3 stacks of stones. Meanwhile BSTs will spend hundreds of stones trying to get pet DT- on their gear and a lot of BSTs will give up before they manage to get DT- and TP bonus on an axe.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3