Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Concerning Incursion entry Requirements.

Would it be possible to reduce the requirement to allow 1~18 players to participate within Incursion, as of right now it's been becoming more difficult to meet the requirements which is 3~18 participants , Please and thank you.
    (8)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah, they are apparently fixing this for Geas Fete and I'm hoping they do it for this too considering that the final chapter of Rhapsodies will likely center partly around Adoulin content...

You won't believe the disappointment I had when I read they were going to allow trusts in incursion only to find out I still needed 3 people just to get in :/
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'd love to see this, if just so that it is easier to farm CP boost capes.
    (5)

Since this is an instanced event, there could be congestion issues not just for Incursion, but also for other Adoulin events such as Skirmish and Delve. With the occupancy time within Incursion, we think it is difficult to justify allowing solo entry at this time.

Of course, this doesn’t mean we won’t adjust this in the future. The enemy HP fluctuates based on the number of participants in Delve and Incursion, and this system is compatible for solo play. So when the time is right, solo entry might be allowed.

In the meantime, Incursion rewards are separately distributed, so we suggest you look for like-minded players to enjoy this content.
    (7)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since this is an instanced event, there could be congestion issues not just for Incursion, but also for other Adoulin events such as Skirmish and Delve. With the occupancy time within Incursion, we think it is difficult to justify allowing solo entry at this time.

Of course, this doesn’t mean we won’t adjust this in the future. The enemy HP fluctuates based on the number of participants in Delve and Incursion, and this system is compatible for solo play. So when the time is right, solo entry might be allowed.

In the meantime, Incursion rewards are separately distributed, so we suggest you look for like-minded players to enjoy this content.
    Let me just give you guys a general rule that you can use to determine the proper course of action any time a situation like this comes up:

It is always more desirable to wait a while due to congestion than to not do content at all because of arbitrary restrictions placed upon entry. If people could easily find like minded individuals, this topic would never occur in relation to any event.
    (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Lack of said individuals when my wife and I have time to do runs is precisely why I had to create and level a mule account, so we had three people to enter with whenever we pop online. All events should allow solo entry.
    (5)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    Let me just give you guys a general rule that you can use to determine the proper course of action any time a situation like this comes up:

It is always more desirable to wait a while due to congestion than to not do content at all because of arbitrary restrictions placed upon entry. If people could easily find like minded individuals, this topic would never occur in relation to any event.
    You make a strong point, but I'm going to disagree on the always part. Many times my friends and I wish to do High Tier Battlefields especially when the new ones are released, or Skirmish, or Sinister Reign. Often there is people going in solo, and taking forever to finish because they are solo, and my friends and I have to wait. And it's not short amounts of time wasted to the point we often feel if it's congested to just go to something else. When you're waiting 5 minutes to 20 minutes per entry it gets to be a very big bummer, essentially halving the number of runs you can do in any given amount of time. It's not just on release either, many times we've tried to do skirmish runs and sit there about 15 minutes when no one else is even going in, probably because something else... like sinister reign, is currently congested. Anything that makes that congestion worse should not be made worse until that is fixed imo. The suggestion to then well just go do other content at that time doesn't even hold true because maybe it's also affecting that other content you wish to do! Reasons like this are why at least for Bahamut I don't want a server merge, nor do I want more solo play if it means congestion is worse. Maybe it's just me but joining a LS, helping people out and making friends, and having them help you with events you want in return is just all part of the game and enjoyable.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtrixWolfe View Post
    You make a strong point, but I'm going to disagree on the always part. Many times my friends and I wish to do High Tier Battlefields especially when the new ones are released, or Skirmish, or Sinister Reign. Often there is people going in solo, and taking forever to finish because they are solo, and my friends and I have to wait. And it's not short amounts of time wasted to the point we often feel if it's congested to just go to something else. When you're waiting 5 minutes to 20 minutes per entry it gets to be a very big bummer, essentially halving the number of runs you can do in any given amount of time. It's not just on release either, many times we've tried to do skirmish runs and sit there about 15 minutes when no one else is even going in, probably because something else... like sinister reign, is currently congested. Anything that makes that congestion worse should not be made worse until that is fixed imo. The suggestion to then well just go do other content at that time doesn't even hold true because maybe it's also affecting that other content you wish to do! Reasons like this are why at least for Bahamut I don't want a server merge, nor do I want more solo play if it means congestion is worse. Maybe it's just me but joining a LS, helping people out and making friends, and having them help you with events you want in return is just all part of the game and enjoyable.
    I gotta point out the obvious flaw in the logic of wanting mandatory waits in order to prevent occasional waits. Also the idea that you think people should team up, but you don't want people around to team up with. Do you know why people solo these things? 2 reasons: SE designs content where the less people you bring, the better chance you have of getting your item due to shared loot pools (Skirmish, High tier battlefields for example. And, people solo for a reason. Finding enough people to actually do an event usually takes five times as long as the actual event. That's not a good return on investment for a subscription based service that is supposed to be fun. I watched some guy shout for 2 hours the other day and finally give up trying to get people to go farm capes with him. That's a crappy game right there.
    (1)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    I gotta point out the obvious flaw in the logic of wanting mandatory waits in order to prevent occasional waits. Also the idea that you think people should team up, but you don't want people around to team up with. Do you know why people solo these things? 2 reasons: SE designs content where the less people you bring, the better chance you have of getting your item due to shared loot pools (Skirmish, High tier battlefields for example. And, people solo for a reason. Finding enough people to actually do an event usually takes five times as long as the actual event. That's not a good return on investment for a subscription based service that is supposed to be fun. I watched some guy shout for 2 hours the other day and finally give up trying to get people to go farm capes with him. That's a crappy game right there.
    Sure there's flaws in logic, if you say things I didn't say and then claim I said them. If people team up there's less wait. I never said I don't want ppl around to team up with. Those people are not interested in teaming up at all. I even send them tells, and either get no thanks or ignored completely. Shouting for stuff is and never has been an efficient way to get stuff done, you need a network of people, it's a social game. I'm just saying being social wouldn't kill you. The thing is you say mandatory waits in order to prevent occassional waits. There is a lot wrong with that. First, it compares mandatory which means forced and no way around it to occasional meaning only some of the time. There is nothing mandatory about not finding people to go with you. You need to be able to network to get things done in ffxi, even as it is today, and that's part of the game design. Mandatory would be clicking on a BCNM and it says you can't enter, then doing that for 15 minutes with you, another group and two solo people that just refuse to play with others all doing teh same thing and competing for the same resource. There is no way to mitigate that, or plan around it, because one event can effect another and these things just happen especially with new content. That by definition is mandatory. Occasional.. well if occasional is weeknights when I wanna do skirmish or something sure. That comparison is just completely upside down, you occasionally can't find people to do things, but you have other things you can do, unless there's mandatory entry restrictions in place because of congestion. Having events that don't even work because they are too congested, that's crappy. At least with the way Grekumah is stating I'd have an option to team up with people and do stuff, rather than sit in front of a glowing circle clicking and praying and waiting in frustration just hoping my latency + my click timing is better than their latency + click timing it's god awful. You'd basically make any popular event + any events their services are tied to unplayable because you can't look to your left and right and actually form a party? Come on. Joining a LS that's active, helping others out, getting help in return is part of an MMO. If you don't like social elements then stick to solo RPGs there's tons of them. I just feel people over exaggerate how hard it is to form a party for something because they literally invest no time in trying to make friends and network, and no just shouting doesn't really count. It's been an inefficient horrible way to clear content since this game came out, or don't you remember spending 2-3 hours shouting, /sea all xx-yy to find people in your level range who are looking for party and inviting them, only to have people leave before you even set out because it takes so long to form... and then once you get there the WHM has to go to school so you kill 2 monsters and everyone disbands (this is a true story btw, I was that party leader). So, 3.5 horus later you earned a whopping 350 exp. Population was higher per server, and yet still the same problem. Hmm. I think it's your methods more than the systems, and if you're ok with inconveniencing everyone doing stuff with mandatory wait times just so you can enter in solo, then I for one am glad SE devs are designing how they are because what your suggesting sounds like hell to me... basically "I don't care how long we have to wait, let everyone enter solo." No. Strong booing to that. I like when I click cairns and bcnm circles for them to work, sorry. If they fix the waiting times I don't care how much you solo, have at it! But the tradeoff being several events are broken is not worth it, especially when you should be making friends and joining LS anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 10-31-2015 at 06:53 AM.