Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

ilvl movement speed for mages

Would it be possible to add an ilvl piece of movement speed gear that mage jobs can use? Some jobs like geo, rdm, and bard have this available while other jobs like blm, whm, and sch don't get any ilvl movement speed gear at all. Would it be possible to add something for those jobs?
    (5)

I'd like at least 1 ilevel movement option for every job - not including the ring. Even 12% would be fine (to leave the ring desirable)
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

There are no plans to add item level gear that increases movement speed.
    (5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Oh Grekumah, we were just starting to like you, too. :-\
    (5)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    A Unity version of Tiamat with 119 Crier Gators would be awesome!!!!! Come on Grekumah~!!! Talk to the dev team, offer them cookies!!!! Pie! Cake!!!
    We the mage community have faith in you!
    (2)

Just get the Shneddick Ring from SoA missions. It has 18% (some sources say it's only 16% though) on it and you wont have to sacrifice an armor slot for the movement increase like you would with an ilvl piece.

PS > (Now if the Dev team would allow us to pick 2 SoA rings instead of one I wouldn't complain either. Make them cost 1 million Bayld if you want. )
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 10-31-2015 at 12:26 PM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Chiaia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    All the 18% Movement gear is 16% and all the 8% is 6%. Only thing that seems to be right is 12% gear.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkMansKid View Post
    All the 18% Movement gear is 16% and all the 8% is 6%. Only thing that seems to be right is 12% gear.
    I thought this had to do with the fact that all movement speed was increased from 100% to 125% a few updates ago? Also, Grekumah, you're breaking my heart here (but thanks for asking for us)!
    (0)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Item level movement speed for mages would be broken. We can already solo certain Delve bosses, Vagary bosses, higher-tier mission fights, and Escha NM's with just herald's and crier's. The amount of sustainability afforded by typical 119 M.EVA would be overpowered. The only balanced reason I could see SE implementing this for would be to discourage the use of movement-related hacking.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The point of my original post is that there is already ilvl movement speed gear for some mages - nuking mages even. Most endgame content that I lowman for we don't worry about kiting - just facetank with regen5 up til dead. As is I don't bother with movement speed because gravity kiting in ilvl gear works well enough and I don't really have space in my macro sets for a movement speed specific gear set, however, it would certainly be nice if I could run at the same speed as the geomancer I play with without going out of ilvl gear.
    (0)