Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Final Fantasy Grandmasters

Is there any chance we'll be able to play this game in NA??? It looked cute, nostalgic, and fun from what screenshots I saw...
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Avina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 85
    This a million times. I don't really see the reason for keeping this game outside of other countries. They could reach a significantly larger amount of people with simply an English translation. Its like they don't even want money.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
    Is there any chance we'll be able to play this game in NA??? It looked cute, nostalgic, and fun from what screenshots I saw...
    It is possible to download it and play it actually, but it won't be translated into English.

This a million times. I don't really see the reason for keeping this game outside of other countries. They could reach a significantly larger amount of people with simply an English translation. Its like they don't even want money.
    Localization costs quite a bit of money- more than you might expect, and they probably did a cost-benefit analysis that (as is commonly the case with foreign phone apps) suggested ot them it wouldn't earn enough money here to go through with a translation.
    (0)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    I gave it a try a few weeks ago. It was fun, but since spells and abilities are tied to weapons it's really confusing to try to figure things out. Auto optimization of equipment gave me 3 copies of the same seemingly useless spell and I'm just drowning in inventory until I can figure it out. Some people have posted translated information about the menus, but a lot of it is still incomplete.
    (0)

Reddit has a community posting guides with translations. It's fairly simple to install on an iOS or Android device from anywhere in the world, so you can play it in NA, it just won't be in English.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Avina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It is possible to download it and play it actually, but it won't be translated into English.

Localization costs quite a bit of money- more than you might expect, and they probably did a cost-benefit analysis that (as is commonly the case with foreign phone apps) suggested ot them it wouldn't earn enough money here to go through with a translation.
    While I get that, and I know there are costs associated with bringing it over, North America has a very strong market for mobile gaming. Sure, the entirety of Asia makes more than we do, but that's including China and India and so forth. Final Fantasy Record Keeper has done very well over here, though I don't personally care for it since it doesn't really seem to be a game with a TON of substance (I may be wrong--I just wasn't impressed).

But we certainly have the numbers and Square-Enix's apps have been featured on the iOS and Play Stores before. Not continuing to localize stuff can begin to quickly make a company's name irrelevant. And for this particular game, it actually looks kind of fun. It's a new game (not some knock-off or remake), it's got decentish graphics, and it looks like it'd actually be fun to play.

I dunno. It just seems like they usually just send us the garbage, but the games people might actually want to play don't make it over. I don't really trust their cost-benefit analysis--they aren't exactly known for making wonderful decisions.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While I get that, and I know there are costs associated with bringing it over, North America has a very strong market for mobile gaming.
    mobile gaming has gotten bigger in recent years in the US, but it doesn't hold a candle to mobile gamin in Japan.
    (0)