Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

High-Tier Battlefield Rewards

So today after killing Ramuh for the 28th time and still not getting the Voltsurge Torque, I started to become irritated. All of these fights were on normal. Started talking to the LS, with other members sharing similar drop rates on other fights.

Then I had an idea. What if at the end of the fight we get a special item, let's call it Ramuh's Soul. This item is received for your individual effort, not part of the drop pool. You get X amount for beating it, depending on difficulty. If you beat it on VE, you get 1, E you get 2, N you get 4, D you get 6, VD you get 12. Let's say once you get a full stack of these you can exchange them for any item from Ramuh's drop pool, or if you don't need any just another chapter 6-10.

I certainly wouldn't expect the numbers to be the exact same, I just thought it would be a great improvement for this battlefield system. Having to go 0/50+ on drops is very reminiscent of the old NM drop system (and VW), which I think if people were honest, they would say they do not miss.
    (3)

I feel your pain. Personally, I'd like the old system with avatars where you pick one item at the end. Even making Gil an option to provide incentives for people that already have or don't need the drops, to lend a hand.
    (0)

Player
    I have killed Dawn over 50+ times on normal using Thief and still No drop on Body Armor. I do agree that if someone fought High-Tier Battlefield mission normal over 30+ times they should of gotten all the items that the NM offer.

High-Tier Battlefield rewards is a lot better than Unity Cord since many people can challenge it on normal level 119 and be rewarded while Unity Cord only offer 2 pieces of armor and it is tough to do even with trust.

Now for Unity Cord NM level are 119, 122, 124, 128 and 132 which is difficult to solo on some job. SE should make adjustment so that people can challenge Unity Cord set on normal to be 119 and for Elite they can do Difficult mode which is level 119+ that will offer more reward. At this point High-Tier Battlefield offer much better reward since you can get up to 5 pieces of different armor.
    (0)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Maybe you ought to try it on a higher difficulty with some friends. Drop rates get better on the higher tiers (which I'm sure you're already aware of).
    (1)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
    Maybe you ought to try it on a higher difficulty with some friends. Drop rates get better on the higher tiers (which I'm sure you're already aware of).
    There are a few problems with this. 1) finding good players. Valefor server population is going down every day it seems like. Finding a WHM who can replace a trust unity WHM is really hard, because so many people just hate WHM, and the people who do play it tend to be horrible at it. This isn't because Apururu and Yoran-Oran are too good, it's because the players are just too bad. 2) Maybe your drop rate is up, but now you possibly have to compete for item lots with other people, which could very easily become counter-productive. 3) You seemed to have missed the point of the thread. The spirit of this was to not have to do these fights 20+ times to get items. Clearing on D or even VD guarantees absolutely nothing. This way, if you clear on VD and don't get the item, you can just exchange the Ramuh's Souls for the item you want.

High-Tier Battlefields have plenty of great drops, but the low drop rates are a huge turn off. This way, it could compel people to do these more frequently and be more willing to give it a go.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you did this, then why bother even having the higher difficulty levels?
    (0)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    If you did this, then why bother even having the higher difficulty levels?
    Because it's a lot quicker to get one victory on VD than it is to get 12 on VE. Instead of taking all day, it only takes maybe 30 minutes that way. My question for you is, did you even read the whole post? Did you try to use any critical thinking before responding? Did you even think that maybe your question was already answered in the text, and that you just had to use a little bit of deductive reasoning to find it? For the future, do me a favor and don't reply to my threads if you can't at least put together two sentences for the reply.
    (5)

We have no plans to increase the drop rate of items from high-tier battlefields, or add a token system which would guarantee drops after a predetermined amount of wins.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We have no plans to increase the drop rate of items from high-tier battlefields, or add a token system which would guarantee drops after a predetermined amount of wins.
    Awww... how sad. I thought the purpose of FFXI is to spend time playing and enjoying the content. As well as being rewarded for your long hours of farming? Vagary was a step in the right direction when you made update to that "Clearing all 5 NM give you a key that allow you to choose any armor piece or other items".

Let's rethink this over because No plans is really sad to hear. While Moogle Login points continue to spoil player who log in multiple or dozen accounts and be rewarded with millions of Gil when those items are sold. :/
    (0)

Player
    very disspointing drops on omega and Prom are totally rediculas 10x on hard and still got nothin.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast