Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Good camp for "Vanquish Birds" limited time challenge?

Anyone know of a good camp with XP grade birds that is:

1) Easy to get to.
    2) Has birds that link or aggro?
    3) Is relatively low level (meaning non-Adoulin)?

My best camp so far has been on the bats in the basement of Garlaige Citadel. But those don't link or aggro so it has been annoying.

I want to avoid Adoulin if I can because I want lower level stuff that I can mass-pull and nuke without getting too hurt.
    (0)

Anything level 63 or higher should give EXP, IIRC. You can check the wiki and XI DB to find zones with mobs those levels in that family, and XI DB will even give you locations on the map.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Greater Colibri camp in bhaflau thickets (toau) is all that comes to my mind...i'm sure theres more than just that. but its a start.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    Greater Colibri camp in bhaflau thickets (toau) is all that comes to my mind...i'm sure theres more than just that. but its a start.
    Takes too long to reach. And do those link?

I might do Marjami Ravine somewhere. If I can withstand Rala efts for Vanquish Lizards then Marjami birds shouldn't be too big a stretch.
    (0)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Takes too long to reach. And do those link?
    I think they aggro at least link but not aggro (confirmed). I can go check and find out to be sure on a 99 w/ ilvl 119 gear job. As for being too far, yeah it is kinda a bit of a walk (walking from nyzul staging point wasn't too much of a walk). It was kinda worth it when I was leveling a job w/ trusts @ lv. 70+ ... Tho for just camping birds for a RoE objective, I'm pretty sure there are better alternatives (colibri camp not exactly an ideal place for the trial unless you are on a lower level job since they take 5 mins to respawn). It just stinks you can't go to abyssea to do that stuff, but then again its kinda understandable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 10-20-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Character
    Jedd
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've always done Sand Cockatrice around the northeast section of Teriggan. There are a little above 20 there, too.

There are also the Werebats in Bostaunieux, though I'm not sure if they link. I only bother with them if I'm doing a Vanquish Undead or Amorph RoE at the time.
    (0)