Character
    Aelkyrst
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 43

Returning Player

UPDATE: I joined Asura server. I heard it had the biggest English speaking population. Reading guides and trying to get up to speed.

Hello everyone. I used to play a long time ago. I'm returning with a few goals in mind:
    1. Make friends.
    2. Get as many of the achievements on Xbox 360 before consoles cannot login anymore.
    3. Play End Game content on a few jobs.
    4. Continue on PC after consoles cannot login.

The game has changed much, so it looks like I will be learning all over again. I wish to learn the game mechanics, but would also like help to get to the End Game content as soon as possible.

I am from the Central Time Zone and plan on being the Elvaan White Mage I once was back on Midgardsormr! I do not have a server preference and am ALMOST done downloading the update.

I tried doing this at the beginning of the year, this will be my second attempt. How's everyone doing?
    (1)
    Last edited by Aelkyrst; 10-15-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Good luck! If you see me on Asura say hi and I will give you a welcome back gift.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Aelkyrst
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 43
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Good luck! If you see me on Asura say hi and I will give you a welcome back gift.
    Thank you very much. While I've found this to be a different game, I've already enjoyed my time on it. I will miss partying to max level.

I used to be quite the knowledgeable and helpful source way back when, now I feel like a newborn. Thank you in advance for any help that you or anyone else lends me.
    (0)

I'll try to login sometime tonight. It might be a bit later though as I am on Pacific time.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

A good old reference site for XP camps like campsitarus .blogspot .com to remind you of nostalgia camps and a full set of trusts to assist should still bring back some of the feel

Welcome home.
    (2)

Character
    Aelkyrst
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 43
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    A good old reference site for XP camps like campsitarus .blogspot .com to remind you of nostalgia camps and a full set of trusts to assist should still bring back some of the feel

Welcome home.
    Nostalgia Camps they're called now, huh? That alone may put me into the "you're getting old" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I'll try to login sometime tonight. It might be a bit later though as I am on Pacific time.
    Thank you so much for the gift! I will put it to good use and be on in a couple hours.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Aelkyrst View Post
    Nostalgia Camps they're called now, huh? That alone may put me into the "you're getting old" category.
    lol, me too but for the most part all the camps we used are empty - its sad that the current generation of players will never have the same feelings for them players that cut their xi-teeth using them do but SE smashed the easy-button on leveling a long time ago and pandora's box has been opened wide.

I don't miss hours of flag-up waiting for a party, or trying to find the one person we lack within 3 levels from us to fit into a camp.....or getting to camp after hours of building a party only to have the pld or whm need to go because it took too long to start lol...but I do miss some of the old camps which ties toward my own nostalgia with them.
    (3)

When new subscribers dwindle in numbers, and veterans mostly have what they wanted to level done, the only viable option is to make leveling easier for new players. They did what was reasonable in regards to leveling.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Aelkyrst
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 43
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    When new subscribers dwindle in numbers, and veterans mostly have what they wanted to level done, the only viable option is to make leveling easier for new players. They did what was reasonable in regards to leveling.
    Oh yes, totally understood. I will just have to get to level 99 quick then!
    (0)

That wasn't saying you have to level quickly, as they've already made leveling a solo thing, instead of requiring a party to level past ~15 at any reasonable speed as it did before Abyssea. That was aimed at Jile saying that they mashed the easy button on leveling. They really had no choice with how topheavy the game was getting, and with the number of new players being pretty low. Level Sync in 2007/2008 sort of held them over a couple of years, by allowing people at very different levels to level together, but that just allowed people in the middle of the curve to finish the curve together, you still eventually run out of people wanting to level any more jobs. Abyssea made it so new players could join in much easier, and the December 2013 update made it so they didn't need other players. It's all logical progression as a game ages and the flow of new players dies.

If leveling was still as slow as in 2006 and required a party, then new players would not be able to reach max level with any decent success, and joining friends that play would be nigh impossible.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/