Character
    Criba
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Cheer chacharoon effect affects Pets please

Why cheer effect from monster rearing doesn't affect my automaton stats?
    Let us enjoy this feature please SE
    (3)

Player
    i agree with this. i dont know why they continue to not let auto be buffed in any way shape or form. if trusts autos can so should ours....
    (1)

Greetings,

The effects given from the various cheers were designed specifically for your character and alter egos only. As such we do not have any plans to extend these effects to any kind of pet at the moment.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Pets are part of the character - why do you keep acting like pets are not part of pet jobs?
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The effects given from the various cheers were designed specifically for your character and alter egos only. As such we do not have any plans to extend these effects to any kind of pet at the moment.
    SE needs to stop treating the pet like some kind of seperate universe from the rest of the game.

-It's stupid that pets need special buffs and that it makes it more difficult to use these jobs in parties.
    -It's stupid that pets sometimes recieve special effects and sometimes dont (e.g. atma but not cruor buffs, and other stuff too)
    -It's stupid that pets aren't just treated like player characters and be targeted with everything.
    -It's stupid that we need special items, special abilities, etc. to heal pets.

In FFXIV, pets can be affected by and targeted by just about anything (The only notable exception is Protect, for whatever reason, but pretty much everything else works), and pets work jsut fine. Not OP. I know some people will shoot me for mentioning this, but I was complaining about this design before we even knew FFXIV was being developed.

Pet jobs are some of my favorites in any MMO. I love them here in spite of these design decisions.
    (5)

Character
    Jopa
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

What an absurdly lame reason, yet par for the course.

With Rank 7 presumably bringing us dragons, perhaps the final cheers could be:
    Fire Wyrm Cheer: super DD buff for player and trusts
    Ice Wyrm Cheer: super mage buff for player and trusts
    Dark Wyrm Cheer: super DD buff for pets and super mage buff for pets (since Vrtra is a BST)
    Earth Wyrm Cheer: super tank buff for player and trusts
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    SE needs to stop treating the pet like some kind of seperate universe from the rest of the game.

-It's stupid that pets need special buffs and that it makes it more difficult to use these jobs in parties.
    -It's stupid that pets sometimes recieve special effects and sometimes dont (e.g. atma but not cruor buffs, and other stuff too)
    -It's stupid that pets aren't just treated like player characters and be targeted with everything.
    -It's stupid that we need special items, special abilities, etc. to heal pets.

In FFXIV, pets can be affected by and targeted by just about anything (The only notable exception is Protect, for whatever reason, but pretty much everything else works), and pets work jsut fine. Not OP. I know some people will shoot me for mentioning this, but I was complaining about this design before we even knew FFXIV was being developed.

Pet jobs are some of my favorites in any MMO. I love them here in spite of these design decisions.
    Seriously - why do the devs hate pet jobs so much? Give us a break.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html