Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Help with Accuracy?

So, I've been playing catch-up since I re-subscribed a while back, so I'm sitting in mostly ilvl 117 gear, with legs and feet as the ilvl 119 AF. Cappd h2h skill, fully merited. Problem is though, I only have a mere 911 accuracy even AFTER eating sushi. Even getting double madrigal from bard trusts and using Kuyin for more AND using /dnc to apply stage 5 quickstep, I seem to have accuracy trouble against foes that check VT (Woh gates for instance)

Unfortunately, when I look for ways to increase my accuracy, it all seems to be drops in the bucket. Stuff like less than 1% difference. And a lot of it requires current endgame stuff, which let's face it, if I'm having accuracy problems on field trash, what right do I have there?

Is there anything I'm overlooking? Some trick to help me actually fight outside of when Focus is up?
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Player
    I'd work on Taeon set and augment it with acc+20/att+20 and Triple Attack +2.
    It's a solid gear set and useful for many jobs + you can get it while beeing on Mnk. Alluvion Skirmish Yorcia doesn't require high accuracy.
    Besides that you could check Unity NM's drops, there are good accessoires for acc.
    (1)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Woh gates is not the place you should be. They upped the difficulty of the mobs a while back. Ra'Kaznar, Escha, Doh/Moh gates are some other places you can go to exp/CP.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah... I'm trying to finish up the SoA storyline before the next RoV (as I swear the last one completed my Storms of Fate questline for me), and as the next area sent me to Khamir Drifts... I thought mobs there would be harder than the area I had to pass through to get there. Add in doing RoE pages as I travel through an area for first time bonuses and... well, long story short I decided "fuck it", powered through, and now I'm facing EP/DC enemies in Khamir XD

Still gonna check out that Skirmish gear. Unity though, I saw like one ring with a decent amount of acc and that was it. So, still at a loss as to where I can upgrade accessories.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    Still gonna check out that Skirmish gear. Unity though, I saw like one ring with a decent amount of acc and that was it. So, still at a loss as to where I can upgrade accessories.
    Grounded Mantle gives 20 Accuracy, Kentarch belt is also decent. You can use the NQ and HQ of Cacoethic ring. These 4 pieces give you already atleast 54 Accuracy more.
    Emeici is a good weapon and also adds another 10-20 accuracy.
    There are more and sometimes better pieces in other events, like Honed Tathlum from Delve or Zennaroi earring from Incursion.
    But btw they all are not really "upgrades", you simple swap them in when needed.
    With Taeon and these accessoires you can easily do D Battlefields or T1 Escha NM's.
    (1)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthos View Post
    Grounded Mantle gives 20 Accuracy, Kentarch belt is also decent. You can use the NQ and HQ of Cacoethic ring. These 4 pieces give you already atleast 54 Accuracy more.
    Emeici is a good weapon and also adds another 10-20 accuracy.
    There are more and sometimes better pieces in other events, like Honed Tathlum from Delve or Zennaroi earring from Incursion.
    But btw they all are not really "upgrades", you simple swap them in when needed.
    With Taeon and these accessoires you can easily do D Battlefields or T1 Escha NM's.
    Thanks. I actually already have an Anchoret's Mantle with +20 accuracy (with Str+2, Dex+4, Counter+2 augmented onto it), was able to get that from reives easily enough and might be a better option for anyone else reading this, but I'll keep the others in mind. Now to just get an endgame group for those :P
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Couple of things, before we go further. First, can you tell us which VT mobs you're killing? I know in some places, some Apex mobs are just barely VT (like... level 125ish, I think?) with mostly IT spawns, and if you grabbed a mob whose name started with Apex, it'd be a no-brainer as to why you're missing because their stats are incredibly high.

Second, can you post your TP set for us, including weapon? Perhaps if we get a chance to see what you're fighting in we can help figure out ways to bump that accuracy up for when it's needed.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Sure thing. I was facing the Drusy Twitherym in Woh Gates (which I realized after the fact may have been part of the problem. They have a move that blinds and one that raises their evasion stupid high).

Weapon: Homestead Cesti
    Ammo: Tantra Tathlum
    Head: Shneddick Chapeau +1
    Neck: Twilight Torque
    L.Ear: Allegro Earring
    R.Ear: Impregnable Earring
    Body: Shneddick Tabard +1
    Hands: Shneddick Gloves +1
    L.Ring: Cho'j Band
    R.Ring: Vehemence Ring
    Back: Anchoret's Mantle
    Waist: Twilight Belt
    Legs: Anchorite's Hose +1
    Feet: Anchorite's Gaiters +1
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hookay, I'm starting to see some of the problem now. First off, gear level isn't as precise as they'd like it to be, and with your current gear, Woh Gates might be a tricky zone for you.

First thing you're going to need to do is upgrade your h2h. Even though Delve clears are tricky, there are other options. The h2h from sparks is probably better thanks to their latent activating at less than 1000 TP, meaning that you've got 63 Acc just from that slot alone. However, as possible, you're going to want to upgrade to a h2h with a better "Hand-to-hand skill," because the skill on weapons isn't a direct skill and adds a lot more acc and attack than one would think. You're going to want to get one with 242 ASAP. I recommend doing Rala/Cirdas Alluvion Skirmish to get some Ohrmazd, which you can augment for some nice bonuses such as Acc, higher damage, multi-attack, etc. Look at the BG page for Alluvion Weapons, and you can figure out what items to aim for.

Next you need to look into doing Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish for Taeon armor. Not only does it have fantastic 119 stats, but with augments you can add attack/acc as a single augment (or higher max values if it's just one or the other) as well as Triple Attack and things like STR/VIT or STR/DEX. You've mentioned looking into it, and it's definitely a major component to consider.

Now if we're talking accessories, I personally use Mars's Ring (Absolute Virtue) and Patricius Ring (AA EV's higher battlefield or DM II), but there are other options such as Enlivened Ring (bought with sparks, gives you DEX/Acc), Candent Ring (STR and a little acc), or Supershear Ring (Titan higher battlefield). Neck is going to be harder to upgrade because your options are things like Iqabi necklace (Delve) and Ej Necklace (AHable, but generally expensive). Back with Anchoret is fine, waist I would consider things like Hurch'lan Sash (Delve) and Anguinus Belt (Abyssea - Konschtat Boss).

Basically, you jumped in a little over your head is all. But with a little work on getting your gear up you'll be set in no time.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku