Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Aerns have always been relatively easier for me than most of the island mobs, imo, and if you're on WHM, odds are you have access to Repose. And even if you don't have access to August, Apururu, etc, they're still very manageable. My same-account mule's COR has no problem on Aerns, and he uses Trion, Kupipi, Ulmia, Koru-moru, and Kupofried (missed Qultada on him, but that's okay, he's on COR anyway...). It helps to pick the right island for them, however. I personally hate... 12? It's the last on the chain of the aern sections. That one has BST Aerns whose pets don't vanish when you kill the master, and the Aern's Euvhis are a pain. I like 3 and 6 mostly if I'm going to chain Aerns. Right as you zone out from the teleporter, before you go up the main set of stairs, just circle around the base and the teleporter. If you link, it generally won't be more than 1-2, and 2 is if you're having a bad day. Get a good chain going and you've no issues, as you can get ahead of spawn rates.

Admittedly, I have not done this on WHM, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I know I don't have a problem on COR with a mish-mash of gear (Taeon augmented with DW+2~3 on most pieces and not a lot of attack/acc bonuses, +5 on the feet, Rajas/Epona's, Aethling Mantle, Dynamic Belt) and accuracy isn't terrible. For WHM, you could make Telchine pieces with good augments (Acc+20|Attack+20|Acc/Atk+15, DA+1~3%, and STR/MND+1~7|WSD+1~3%) for your combat. This with some good clubs (I favor Nehushtan for a high damage rating, and you can augment attack, accuracy, weapon damage, weapon skill damage, etc) can get you rolling while using WS like Realmrazer or, if you build TP moderately fast and have a good MAB set, you can pull off some pretty nice Seraph Strikes. Mystic Boon or Dagan if you need MP, too.

As for other camps, have you tried some of the Gates "basements"? There's a good bat camp in Woh subgates, where they don't link but they do aggro, so Dia pulls are probably best. If that's taken earlier in the area is one with Pugils, though you'll have to be careful when weather's up because of dual elementals. Another one I favor is... I think it's Dho? I forget off the top of my head which it links to but you go from Foret #3 to the teleporter, and there's a nice camp a short distance in with Efts, Flies, and Crabs; stick to the Efts and Flies and save crabs if you run out of spawns.

Advice and all that being said however, I don't really have a problem with them making a KI that forces mobs to -not- spawn. The only thing that bothers me about it is that people will use that as an excuse to overcamp those who -are- trying to farm NMs. They can just take mobs with no threat of being slammed by a big NM that they're not ready for, and as a result this gives people a chance to easily bully others out of their camp with minimal risk.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Aerns are resistant to light based spells, so you can't Repose them. At least, I can't, and I don't have any trouble sticking Repose to the other mobs in Escha (except NMs and even on them I can sometimes land it).
    (0)

Player
    i think just instead of NM popping give us a Random KI drop when we kill said Normal mobs, so it doesnt ruin a good CP camp
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Kensagasku had mentioned amoebans and aerns too. I did some of that for a while but they seem to have more HP or higher defense or something than the other mobs because I always seem to take longer and get less CP per hour. Links are also a bit of a problem with aerns too. It's a good plan B, but I'd still like to be able to have more choices.

I know some good camps in Outer Ra'Kaznar which I had used prior to the release of Escha but they take a long time to reach and I have to bust down multiple Colonization Reives.
    Apex mobs in the gates zones. A LS mate and I duoing as GEO and DNC, with trusts, were able to get ~44 job points an hour during a double cap campaign. The Apex Efts in Moh Gates at J-8/K-8/K-9 don't link, and, aside from the annoying stun TP move spam, were quite manageable. I accidentally pulled 5 of the things at once (they have roughly 140k HP, and, iirc, were VT at 119), and we survived.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can capacity points farm in non-escha places
    Enemies in regular areas seem to give less CP when they check the same level. For me, there was a significant difference, and Escha areas were much better.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Enemies in regular areas seem to give less CP when they check the same level. For me, there was a significant difference, and Escha areas were much better.
    I haven't tried every set up. But in my experience, I can get CP much faster in the gates areas than escha. It annoys my ls mates who play less often because they need silt and I rarely CP with them because I am capped on silt and get CP much faster elsewhere. Basically unless I am in a party that has a PLD pulling hoards of mobs and AOE killing them, it's faster to cp outside of escha.

What job are you CPing on? Choosing the right monsters can make a big difference.
    (0)

Player
    anything on top levels gives good CP grahs in peticular but also the Abyssea mobs: murex ameboa etc, Ruann wise.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2