Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Occult Acumen for Summoner BPs

Now that the devs have realized that summoner is a backline job and have increased the range of assault and BPs can they give us some kind of trait to grant us a form of Bloodpact rage occult acumen? when my summoner if partying with SCH and BLM and theyre just chilling with nukes and use Myrkr to get some MP back i dont see why summoner cant do this since Myrkr is for SCH BLM SMN it would be nice if SMN could also use it while doing what we do in the backline. please rate up and pass the word.
    (7)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

I wouldn't mine an Ability that's kind of like a Reverse Mana Cede. Something that can take the TP from the Avatar and Transfer it to another Target. It's be awesome because then you wouldn't have to always be you that received the TP, you could pick someone else that needs it.
    (4)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

The development team has no plans to add any abilities to summoner that would grant the effect of Occult Acumen.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The development team has no plans to add any abilities to summoner that would grant the effect of Occult Acumen.
    Right, because just the way they decided to force a playstyle on BST, they're forcing another one entirely on summoner. Up their range and do everything they can to make SMN be as far away as possible and BST be as close as possible. Why not just let people play the jobs how they want?

Why did you guys make two superweapons for SMN to equip whose only use are as melee weapons (and they don't even stand out in that area anymore...)? Heavens forbid anyone try to be creative with how they play a job.

If other "back row" jobs can use the empyrean WS to have tons more MP, why can't SMN (In a casting posture- I use it all the time by meleeing)?
    (7)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-06-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It would be a very welcome change, however to be honest with an avatar out I can have between 10 and 13 refresh and that's not including vorseals and siphon can be boosted a ton. I think the only time I've been without mana is just after I conduit then siphon then use Alexander in the last month of playing. That isn't to say more mana isn't welcome but I do think there would be better ways to make SMN better, like filling out Cait Sith a bit more, or giving us Phoenix or Siren as a final summon with a set of blood pacts I'm curious to see what else they have lined up for SMN because I've been happy with recent direction of SMN and love the job. It is unfortunate SMN rarely gets to use Myrkr but there is some gear with occult acumen on it that smn can get from nuking with on sch subjob now.
    (1)

I'll take an improvement of Cait Sith's Rage pacts over Acumen any day.
    Confirming what Verda sais, MP is hardly an issue for Summoners unless we go all out or when higher level fights stretched out longer than they should.
    Summoner is already blessed in the MP recovering department as it is, Elemental Siphon can be boosted to huge numbers, which recently got even better with the accessibility of all the storm spells through /sch sub.
    Summoner also gets the highest amount of Refresh on their gear and to top it all off can access all of the other mage jobs' MP recovery abilities from the sub jobs. (Sublimation, Refresh, Convert and Aspir)

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to a form of Acumen but we really don't need it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-06-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Right, because just the way they decided to force a playstyle on BST, they're forcing another one entirely on summoner. Up their range and do everything they can to make SMN be as far away as possible and BST be as close as possible. Why not just let people play the jobs how they want?

Why did you guys make two superweapons for SMN to equip whose only use are as melee weapons (and they don't even stand out in that area anymore...)? Heavens forbid anyone try to be creative with how they play a job.

If other "back row" jobs can use the empyrean WS to have tons more MP, why can't SMN (In a casting posture- I use it all the time by meleeing)?
    Lulz at your ridiculous rants. SE isn't forcing you to do anything. Just because you want to play a job a certain way that goes beyond the mechanics of the game does not mean you are entitled to do so. SE shouldn't have to cater to what you want. If a BST wants to be a coward and stand far away safely on the sidelines they still can, they just won't be able to do pet JAs; if a SMN wants to get up close and melee nothing is stopping them.... you just have to deal with the consequences. SE isn't stopping people from playing stupidly, you could take all your gear off and go attack Plouton... doesn't mean it's a good idea, but SE isn't stopping you from doing it. You also can get TP from nuking by going /drk, /sch, or /blm (there's also some gear that gives occult accumen as well) if you really want to be able to get TP and use Myrkr without meleeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to a form of Acumen but we really don't need it.
    Exactly. My alt has NEVER run out of MP on SMN. Makes me think that the people who are complaining about this don't know how to play SMN very well.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    Exactly. My alt has NEVER run out of MP on SMN. Makes me think that the people who are complaining about this don't know how to play SMN very well.
    Or perhaps people complaining are thinking outside the box? I don't find myself hard pressed for MP in most cases, but Myrkr is an amazing skill, because it also removes status Debuffs. And there a few times that dismissing an avatar isn't always a good option, so that makes Elemental Siphon not always the best choice in some given instances. People tend to forget there is more than one practical application for things...
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Indeed, for that these things were invented. You're very welcome.
    (And as I am aware, most high level content these days provides the temp versions of these that won't leave you medicated.)

Also mind you that for most Summoners a form of Occult Acumen isn't even practical.
    Unless you own a Nirvana or a very well augmented Keraunos that has a good mixture of BP damage, Magic Attack Bonus and Avatar perpatuation reduction you will be swapping weapons which also results in the loss of TP every time you use a Blood pact.
    Aside from that, even if we got some form of Acumen, TP building would be too slow because unlike Black Mages, Scholars and Dark Knights we're not able to chain Blood pacts like they are able to chain spells unless we use Conduit.

As for not being able to dismiss your avatar to Siphon, if you spend your entire MP pool on a single fight without killing your target you need a better strategy.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Indeed, for that these things were invented. You're very welcome.
    (And as I am aware, most high level content these days provides the temp versions of these that won't leave you medicated.)

Also mind you that for most Summoners a form of Occult Acumen isn't even practical.
    Unless you own a Nirvana or a very well augmented Keraunos that has a good mixture of BP damage, Magic Attack Bonus and Avatar perpatuation reduction you will be swapping weapons which also results in the loss of TP every time you use a Blood pact.
    Aside from that, even if we got some form of Acumen, TP building would be too slow because unlike Black Mages, Scholars and Dark Knights we're not able to chain Blood pacts like they are able to chain spells unless we use Conduit.

As for not being able to dismiss your avatar to Siphon, if you spend your entire MP pool on a single fight without killing your target you need a better strategy.
    I'm also well aware of the Icarus Wing, the argument is about being able to accrue TP in the same reliable manner as the other 2 jobs that can use it. While Summoner has seen a good rise of things in its favor there are lots of things that would help us and be a boon. Which is why I suggested taking the TP from the Avatar itself. They're not hindered by that detriment of weapon swapping. Much like the PUP's ability Tactical Swap, it's a very good JA when used properly, and we can even go a step further. See how I suggested to make the ability so that other party members could be the target, it could also have a cap of TP transferred at 1000, so not to make the ability overpowered.

Now to the final note about dismissing; There are times when Elemental Siphon is better than Myrkr, and I've said before I usually never find myself hard pressed for MP. In a party, I can dismiss whenever I want without the worry of enmity causing my death (usually...), and use Siphon when I know that it'll fill me back to 100% or I've reached the 50% marker. But if I'm alone verse something that has shared enmity, I would do my best to keep my avatar alive. This time I wouldn't use Siphon at all, instead I'd use sublimation. Basically, I'm saying that every option to restore MP would be welcomed, even more so when our mini-1hr ups the cost of things.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast