Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I realize that this thread was made in jest, and that no ill-intentions were meant by it; however, I feel the need to explain our current mindset when it comes to replying to player suggestions.

Grekumah and the rest of the community team are constantly picking up nearly all of the suggestions you all have been posting, and we try (as best as we can) to get an answer from the development team. Even if the answer is one we feel may be disappointing, we strive to make posts with the information we receive to show that we are in fact reading over your feedback and not ignoring suggestions. While sometimes it may not be the answer you are hoping to hear, we would like to be transparent with future plans when we can as much as possible.

We appreciate the passionate suggestions and feedback that clearly demonstrate your love for the game, and we’ll continue working hard to pass everything on to the development team!
    I have never said this about a cm post before, so it must be good to impress me, I am never shy to say whats on my mind, good or bad, abrupt or harsh........ but this post I honestly respect.

A+ of an answer Camate.

I much prefer to see a yes or a no instead of being ignored. It is appreciated no matter what the answer is.

FFXIV could learn a thing or 2 from this forum. We NEVER get replies about suggestions, hundreds can be made with utterly nothing in return.

A+ to replying at all. I do expect it as a customer, and it is extremely nice to see so many on this forum compared to ffxiv
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Greetings,

I realize that this thread was made in jest, and that no ill-intentions were meant by it; however, I feel the need to explain our current mindset when it comes to replying to player suggestions.

Grekumah and the rest of the community team are constantly picking up nearly all of the suggestions you all have been posting, and we try (as best as we can) to get an answer from the development team. Even if the answer is one we feel may be disappointing, we strive to make posts with the information we receive to show that we are in fact reading over your feedback and not ignoring suggestions. While sometimes it may not be the answer you are hoping to hear, we would like to be transparent with future plans when we can as much as possible.

We appreciate the passionate suggestions and feedback that clearly demonstrate your love for the game, and we’ll continue working hard to pass everything on to the development team!
    most of us realize you're the messenger here, and so bear no ill will, it's just frustrating sometimes to see that phrase so much In most cases, we realize that our suggestions aren't something that any dev specifically planned for, but that's the point- we want them to MAKE plans to do something.

At any rate, thanks for replying to this, it really is a great thing.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Because if they don't reply, people will continue to complain and wonder why the devs are ignoring them. By being told we have no plans, at least people know that they currently don't intend to do anything. Often plans do get changed, but it's better that we know what's not going to happen as opposed to guessing in the wind.
    Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think there's just too many one sided and / or negative posts personally. Occasionally there is some light conversation, but generally dev posts fall into 2 categories: "We had something that we decided to tell you about and this post seemed like the closest match (not actually in reply to the discussion at hand, but vaguely associated with)" or "We have no plans".

There is never any actual discussion on important topics. So the feeling I get is one of being talked at, not with. In my opinion, that type of interaction is best done via a traditional website. If one directional information where devs are not going to respond directly to posters and discuss what is being posted is the way that they want to do things, then that information should be posted on the final fantasy website (where people don't expect a response), not the discussion forum (where people have discussions). There is no exchange of ideas or opinions with the devs, so it comes off as if you are being ignored by the person that you are talking to. To be honest, the ones where they say "We have no plans" are the only ones that actually respect the idea of a discussion forum and for that, I salute them.
    (7)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    we would like to be transparent with future plans when we can as much as possible.
    So radio silence over Monstrosity is actually a signal that it's not dead after all. Gotcha. Woohoo!
    (6)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Camate made a really well thought, polite and touching post. Kudos to that.
    Still, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that's 100% exactely what a community manager does.
    Aside from the fact they have a really intense/timeconsuming job and a plethora of different roles, many of which we don't directly see because they happen behind the curtains, their job on these boards is slightly different.

I'm sure they do their best to report things to the japanese dev team, but 99% of the replies we see in the english boards, aren't straight answers that the community reps get from the devs.
    People might thing this is how things flow
    Users report things on forums > Community reps report it to the Devs > Devs answer those things and community reps relay those messages to us.

This might have happened occasionally, but I think it's more the exception than the rule.
    The flow described above is likely how it works for japanese users.
    They open thread and make requests > japanese community reps report it to devs > devs reply (sometimes they make posts themselves) and jp community reps relay their messages to the original threads.
    At that point the english community reps try to find a "similar" request made by non-japanese players on the english boards (it's not surprising that very often JP players and non-JP players ask the same thing) and when they find a "fitting" thread, they report the translated japanese dev post.

This is why sometimes the community reps make post in threads where it may seem a bit "out of place", it's because they were unable to find another more "fitting" thread, so they had to look for the best compromise.

tl;dr
    What we see in the english boards most of the time, is not a reply that the JP devs are giving to us, but a reply they gave to a similar question made by a JP players, and the english community reps are just translating/reporting that to us.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 09-24-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    we strive to make posts with the information we receive to show that we are in fact reading over your feedback and not ignoring suggestions.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to just lay out all of your plans instead of going to every silly suggestion thread so you can say "No plans," though?

Honestly it's more annoying that you ignore good suggestions and give obvious replies to the dumb ones.
    (2)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Still, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that's 100% exactely what a community manager does.
    Exactly what the title implies. Managing a community. Discerning their needs/wants/desires. Moderating communication channels. Forwarding concerns to the correct departments. That sort of thing.

It's a simple fact that the dev team mostly only can communicate effectively in Japanese. That doesn't mean that the community reps aren't taking our questions to them- it's more like you said where the JP and NA players share many of the same concerns/suggestions/etc, so what has been asked by us has also been asked by others.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    TLDR version: If the JP community has been asking about the same thing as us, the response will be translated to English and placed in whatever thread is even remotely related to the response. If the JP community has not been talking about a topic, it will either receive a "We have no plans.." type response, or no response at all.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    At this point - it wouldn't surprise me if the roadmap for development is complete and there isn't much room to maneuver. I have to wonder if it's even worth posting suggestions - given that the final update is landing pretty soon; chances are the developers are already working on that final update -- where they're going to find time to add in additional changes from suggestions that are continually posted is anyone's guess.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast