Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Austreven
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

F8 Functionality Change

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but as I didn't see a Suggestions forum, here goes:

I'm aware that the change to F8 is an intentional "fix", but the ability to directly target the nearest enemy (especially through a swarm of Trusts) makes a huge difference in how well combat flows.

I'd love to see an Options menu toggle to switch between the new "targets closest NPC" and the old "prioritizes the nearest enemy first, then the nearest friendly NPC" functionality, or barring that a /targetenemy command. Something to allow me to quickly target the mob that's eating my face, rather than Tabbing through 5 Trusts, a pet, an Adventuring Fellow, three ???s, and a half-dozen treasure caskets before I get to it.
    (17)

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What was the change?
    (0)

Character
    Austreven
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Morovich View Post
    What was the change?
    Previously: F8 (and the /targetnpc command) would target the nearest enemy. If there were no enemies in view, it would target the nearest non-hostile NPC (including ???s, AH counters, etc.).
    Now: F8/targetnpc targets the nearest NPC in view, regardless of type.

I wouldn't mind the change to F8/targetnpc if the "target nearest enemy" functionality was available elsewhere. Maybe add /targetenemy and put the shortcut on Alt + F8.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think they should just add back in a command (which we can bind to a key) that just targets enemies.
    (2)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've been finding the change to F8 extremely annoying i would welcome a fix to this so called "fix".
    (1)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Player
    It was perfect, why it needed a fix?
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Dunno; ask all the bst's.
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The change sucks. There's almost no reason you'd want to target your nearest trust rather than the nearest mob.
    (4)

Player
    We have already the Enter key for that anyway. But now no longer a key for nearest mob.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I relied heavily on F8 to target the nearest enemy. This combined with the BST changes makes playing Beastmaster incredibly frustrating. I hope SE fixes this soon, as I'm tempted to just start playing other games.
    (5)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast