Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    So we have to make an entirely new macro rather than tapping a key? That's not a fix, that's an annoying workaround when you can easily select the same "battle targets" (i.e. Trusts) by typing F2-F6. Far more convenient.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    /targetnpc is around since long time. It's usage is very limited and so i don't see how it can fix the missing F-8 key.
    (1)

Character
    Zastban
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Read post again bnpc not just npc. And you can a fix so what want now some one to play the game for you?
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    English {Do you have it?}

That being said, how has anyone asked for the game to be played for them? Sure, you can select a battle target with the new command. But why fix what wasn't broken? How is this new F8 helpful at all? How is asking for it to be reverted asking "someone else to play the game for us"? All we want is for things to be back the way they were, because it worked and did not need this "fix" that in the end broke a working system.
    (4)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Read post again bnpc not just npc. And you can a fix so what want now some one to play the game for you?
    I saw it. My point is, both are command lines, which means a certain delay. Of course you can write them in a macro and the action you want to in the same macro. I prefer the action independent of targeting, means i want to use <t> in my macros, to keep them flexible and have more control over the situation. But if i use <t> i also need F-8 on a key as a fast way to target next mob.
    (1)

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Aaahh.. I wondered all along if there was a better target npc command to stick at the top of my pull macros when farming.

The new /targetbnpc will do me just fine. Save keep hitting the keyboard F8 anyway.
    (0)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Zastban
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah it just came out with the Sept update. As to do i know any English.... Yes I do I'm also on cell writing this so meh your just pissed about the game changing. Also as to targeting speed I just use a 2 line macro but it doesn't even need a wait command in it I've never had an easier time with targeting. The way I play even the new range stuff they did to bst isn't that bad
    (0)

Player
    Um, yes. Because it's not neccesarily a reason to took away everything old. F-8 key seems pretty useless now.
    It's cool if you enjoy automated macros, some others may not. It has not always to be one or the other.
    (0)
    Last edited by Arthos; 10-03-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Character
    Zastban
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well best of luck to any trying to reform their playstyle who is having a hard time with it.
    But I like it.
    (0)

Character
    Austreven
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    /targetbnpc
    Thanks for pointing that out.

It's not perfect by a longshot, but it's better than Tab-targeting. Still frustrating to need a hotkey and a macro slot (on every macro palette, for every job) to accomplish what I previously could with just F8, but I suppose it's the best we're going to get.
    (1)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast