Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Merge auction-houses across all servers

In any other year I would not be making this suggestion but given the economy of 2015 and the decline of the playerbase I think this might help.

All server's auction houses should be merged into a single auction house. SE dev's, is this possible?
    (4)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Would be pretty cool if it were possible, I suspect it probably isn't!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No, they shouldn't do this. But what they should do is merge the servers themselves instead.
    (2)

Character
    Wipes
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    yes, they should do this. and open up the servers so you have to pick your server every time you log in, that way people who want to play on full server can, and people who want to solo can look for a server thats empty. everyone's a winner.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by gtag View Post
    yes, they should do this. and open up the servers so you have to pick your server every time you log in, that way people who want to play on full server can, and people who want to solo can look for a server thats empty. everyone's a winner.
    Or they could just merge the servers and then i don't have an extra button to press before logging in.
    (0)

Character
    Wipes
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Or they could just merge the servers and then i don't have an extra button to press before logging in.
    lol one extra button to press. is that so hard to do? might take you 2 seconds.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, the servers really should be merged. And most likely after doing so, they won't need to implement any new features to address the issue at hand. So i'd rather they do something that really needs to be done, and then after that they can look at doing more if it's really necessary.
    (0)

8. 10-20-2015 03:12 AM

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    This would end up just like Unity chat. 5,000 people on one server and you can't log in after DCing mid fight. Meanwhile all the other servers are empty and you can't do anything on them but solo.
    (1)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    In any other year I would not be making this suggestion but given the economy of 2015 and the decline of the playerbase I think this might help.

All server's auction houses should be merged into a single auction house. SE dev's, is this possible?
    Merging AH's to 1 universal AH would be too difficult for the development team to program to function properly along w/ the server congestion it would cause. I would not be shocked this would be the response we will get from the forum mods/dev. team following the ole "There are no plans to implement this request" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Billnes View Post
    For the sake of argument, let's say that your linkshell is based on the Ragnarok server. What happens if you decide to play on different server? Your Linkshell is broken or "suspended" until you return to your home server? You'd be creating a technical issue that makes no financial sense to try to tackle. Too much work for too little reward.
    Agreed.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    Agreed.
    Not to mention the overlapping name issue. Although I guess they could address that by appending the server name to our names like FFXIV. Doesn't matter though, they won't do it. They'll wait until after November (probably January) and just merge a few servers like they said they would.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast