Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    There is nothing broken about the range on BST. If anything the only change should be that reward has a longer range.

People asking for the strength of the job to be nerfed so the distance can come back are asking to be made into a joke job again. Then these same people will of course be upset no one wants them for anything anymore again and then ask to be taken seriously.

You guys should be happy that you get to maintain your strength instead of being put back into a position of having no one that cares about you besides a Currier Carrie.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post

People asking for the strength of the job to be nerfed so the distance can come back are asking to be made into a joke job again.
    No, I am asking for the job I enjoyed to be enjoyable again. Being allowed in a party doesn't help me when I solo everything because I'm not one of the uber elite.
    (7)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    There is nothing broken about the range on BST. If anything the only change should be that reward has a longer range.
    Incorrect.

When your fighting beside your pet and ja's still don't work, I'd call that broken.

I'll take Courier Carrie over being nonfunctional. SE should turn the test server back on so these major screw-ups can be fixed before they make jobs impotent with a single overkill Nerf.

SE restore our job, please, I'm tired of people quitting because you ruined the playability of the job we pay you to play.
    (9)

Character
    Trulusia
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    No, I am asking for the job I enjoyed to be enjoyable again. Being allowed in a party doesn't help me when I solo everything because I'm not one of the uber elite.
    My linkshell, and the people in it, are often the ones referenced when people talk about Beastmasters being over powered. We've proven time and time again that there isn't anything negative about the range change, except Reward. Reward should have never been included in the range change.

What you are asking for WOULD change how we play, as Beastmasters would no longer deal as much damage. They aren't going to change the way damage functions based on distance. The only thing that COULD happen is that they just reduce damage period. That hurts my group. We'd rather have less range, because if you understand how to play the game, actually build a fast cast/stoneskin/cure set, it's irrelevant if you take a hit. You had to have seen Beaztmaster doing HTMBs on Very Difficult. Notice how even on Very Difficult, he can recover just fine and actually WIN those fights? It's because Beastmaster isn't broken. It's the player base that is. If the job was "broken" like people keep saying, how are we able to kill Sky Gods V2, Escha T3s, Divine Might V2 on VD, or any other amount of content we do just fine with how things are now? We couldn't.
    (2)

Like Olor I've spent most of my xi-life soloing on BST, I don't have elite gear and don't foresee it happening post-Nerf. While the top 1% may be able to live with this Nerf, we can't.

How about a compromise.

A smn style ja like avatars favor. When in use though it restores ja range to pre-Nerf but lowers dmg our pets do, when off the current nerfed distance and dmg are in effect.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Like Olor I've spent most of my xi-life soloing on BST, I don't have elite gear and don't foresee it happening post-Nerf. While the top 1% may be able to live with this Nerf, we can't.

How about a compromise.

A smn style ja like avatars favor. When in use though it restores ja range to pre-Nerf but lowers dmg our pets do, when off the current nerfed distance and dmg are in effect.
    Seriously I'd take this.

And people posting about how people with perfect gear and capped JP don't mind the change are ignoring the fact that 90+% of the playerbase is not anything like that. Punishing folks who just want to have some fun solo so that people who don't even care about the job and will use whatever flavour of the month turns their fancy get what they want? That's demented.
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Trulusia
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    What content, specifically, do you want to do that you CAN NOT do? I'm guessing that if you're holding onto this opinion, you've surely got some examples of content you are unable to handle. I'm not asking this antagonistically, I'm asking because I am going to help you. You can refuse or disregard the help if you want, that's. But I honestly don't know what you are struggling with. Please, educate me.

As for perfect gear, capped JP, ect. I think about 6 of our Beastmasters have 1200 JP, maybe more than that. The rest are around the 100-500 range. They still do content as well. Those same 6 Beastmasters are the only ones with Aymur, everyone else mostly uses skirmish/delve/escha. Ready Move Gear is still mostly Arco/Taeon, which is easy to get solo. Time consuming, sure. But you can solo it.

Beastmaster DT gear comes from Skirmish 1, mostly. Various other pieces come from other places, but I can't think of any that comes from current end game content that requires a group to get. Fastcast gear can be all Taeon if you don't have the means to get other pieces, but there are options. There are supplemental pieces that DO come from end game content, but they certainly are not required. All four pieces of stoneskin gear come from old content, and two of them can be bought off the auction house. Cure potency gear can also be all Taeon.

As for the remark about people who don't even care about the job. Yeah. They invested that much time and gil into a job that's the "flavor of the month". And we're all still playing them after the "nerf", and rather than complaining on forums, we figured out how to make the jobs work so we could keep playing them. Clearly we don't care. /s
    (2)

One fight that was laughable that isn't for me now is AATT. Frankly, never used to die from meteor but I've eaten dirt lately on this, for example.
    (4)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Changing the target of ready commands will do nothing for this buggyness.
    We know how far away from our pets we are.
    The distance required to execute a ready command is different depending on the pet.
    Its buggy. It makes playing bst clunky. I was sitting on my pet fighting Wepket 2 days ago and I was getting error that I was too far from pet. Its rediculous and ineffective.
    (6)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    One fight that was laughable that isn't for me now is AATT. Frankly, never used to die from meteor but I've eaten dirt lately on this, for example.
    How will the distance changes have altered your survivability of meteor, you would have been in range pre and post nerf, unless what you're saying is that having to be 7 yalms from your pet makes it harder to run away from meteor in which case you probably deserve to be eating dirt from it. Heaven forbid you might actually have to team up with other people in an MMO rather than soloing everything.
    (0)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast