Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cjhorridsasny
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

SE and fixing things that arent broke

bst has always had range on tp abilty...ty for ruining it... smn should have been expanded to bst range...long time in the coming...hoping u didn't ruin jp camps w/ new monster pops lol....add a new wardrobe...or let us pull from any storage slot/excluding moogle/slip storage...give us more merit cats would be nice...perm KI would be nice for woe or a few other things...pay 1 price and have ki like dyna....just sick of ppl that never played bst complaining....bst always = 1pt til adoulin came out then every dd in game was = to bst...ty for assisting on that...range change tho come on!
    (1)

I've read it a few times, but I have no idea what you're trying to say. You should try using complete sentences and punctuation if you want to get your message across.
    (10)

Character
    Thegreatgazoo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    i think a nerf was necessary but as usual the last guy still working at SE got it wrong. He could have made it so the amount of damage done varies with distance a la rng or idk put a minimum on sic/ready recast? Easy rational fixes could have been made but again lets piss of another 48% of the playerbase
    (8)

Character
    Buckaroo
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I am not going to defend if adjusting BST after so many years was necessary or not, but I'll say this. If I can't use my abilities while being engaged and fighting opposite of my pet with monster being inbetween, because of range issues, that's a problem. This severely hinders anyone's tactics of fighting along side of your pet. The main idea is to NOT be in front of the monster, as to avoid being hit with conal aoe. I've said my piece. Hopefully SE realizes what they've done and fixes what they broke.
    (12)

Player
    i think this woulda worked a few years ago but now that EVERYTHING i heavy Aoe THATS the problem here. stop making everything melee unfriendly why make every content in the game RNG and GEO???
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    I am not going to defend if adjusting BST after so many years was necessary or not, but I'll say this. If I can't use my abilities while being engaged and fighting opposite of my pet with monster being inbetween, because of range issues, that's a problem. This severely hinders anyone's tactics of fighting along side of your pet. The main idea is to NOT be in front of the monster, as to avoid being hit with conal aoe. I've said my piece. Hopefully SE realizes what they've done and fixes what they broke.
    We’ve been receiving a lot of feedback about this.

Since there are monsters with varying sizes, if we make adjustments so that the somewhat larger monsters are the benchmark, then the distance in which commands can be used will be no different than before. While we can’t make any promises at the time, we will be looking into changing the target of pet commands, shifting them from the master to the pet. We believe that the way it feels to play will become very different, so we would like to hear everyone’s feedback once it is implemented.
    *There is a possibility that commands cannot be accepted when pets are out of your field of vision.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Since there are monsters with varying sizes, if we make adjustments so that the somewhat larger monsters are the benchmark, then the distance in which commands can be used will be no different than before. While we can’t make any promises at the time, we will be looking into changing the target of pet commands, shifting them from the master to the pet. We believe that the way it feels to play will become very different, so we would like to hear everyone’s feedback once it is implemented.
    *There is a possibility that commands cannot be accepted when pets are out of your field of vision.
    How about you just change it back to the way it was and find something else to adjust?....
    (19)

Player

Ok Thank you for the respond and thank god it wasn't Grekumah "We have no plans" that would be a total nightmare for all veteran BST player. I have a feeling next update gonna be like Pokemon. =)
    (4)

First, thank you for letting us know.

My concern with using it as distance from our pets or requiring that we can "see" our pets would make things worse on some instances and better on others. We must fight some mobs from behind the mob itself to avoid conial charm for example, and if the distance is tied to our pet it will need to take that into consideration as well. Being required to "see" our pets is a disaster waiting to happen, too many line of sight issues exist in the game as it is (sending a pet and the terrain between you and your target is flat, you get a message that says you can't see your target cause a stick is on the ground between you and your target) so I'd really like to avoid more issues on top of everything.

Changing distance wasn't needed, it did not address why people were mad at BST, a pet aoe damage reduction that could be earned back with the accumulation of job points could be used more effectively instead to push away the bandwagon BST players.
    (14)
    Last edited by Jile; 10-08-2015 at 08:20 AM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    SE, just frickin' restore the original range and vary pet damage with master distance; job done.
    If masters want more damage they'll have to get closer and expose themselves to more danger.
    (16)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast