Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    SE still doesn't get it. They're still proceeding with this ridiculous job adjustment. It reminds me of when they wanted to give bst stoneskin for their SP2. Stoneskin... SE, do you even play this game?
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Changing the target of ready commands will do nothing for this buggyness.
    We know how far away from our pets we are.
    The distance required to execute a ready command is different depending on the pet.
    Its buggy. It makes playing bst clunky. I was sitting on my pet fighting Wepket 2 days ago and I was getting error that I was too far from pet. Its rediculous and ineffective.
    This, precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    How will the distance changes have altered your survivability of meteor, you would have been in range pre and post nerf, unless what you're saying is that having to be 7 yalms from your pet makes it harder to run away from meteor in which case you probably deserve to be eating dirt from it. Heaven forbid you might actually have to team up with other people in an MMO rather than soloing everything.
    Tidis, respectfully..... You are one of those people that said no to BST at bird parties then got mad when I soloed the camps instead, I get it but moving past your pain, my BST was designed to solo and the Nerf negatively impacted its designed function and the majority of BST are upset. If you can't understand that then go play hello kitty world or at least don't reply on BST threads.
    (4)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    How will the distance changes have altered your survivability of meteor, you would have been in range pre and post nerf, unless what you're saying is that having to be 7 yalms from your pet makes it harder to run away from meteor in which case you probably deserve to be eating dirt from it. Heaven forbid you might actually have to team up with other people in an MMO rather than soloing everything.
    It keeps you in range of sleepga and Breakga, which pretty much guarantees that you will lose.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The clear solution is to reduce the range of all jas and spells to just outside of melee range. Staying away from mobs is clearly OP and half the jobs do it!
    You just might be right Taru. Doing this will make other people understand how mess up it is to reduce range from BST.
    (4)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    It keeps you in range of sleepga and Breakga, which pretty much guarantees that you will lose.
    Anyone who tries to solo something can get ruined by sleep or break, why should BST be above that?
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Anyone who tries to solo something can get ruined by sleep or break, why should BST be above that?
    Because they were before and it was one of the things that made people like the job. Why should every job be the same?
    (3)

Ive been playing bst along time and i enjoy it, however my views are simple range should be nerfed to about 16 yalms not 7 so if we choose to fight, we can or stand back and run in, however there is more to the problems than just ready commands there is reward aswell, having to be close to reward your pet is just silly, I would like to see devs to do something simple like outer rukaz skirmish and fight iron giant nm, which tbh can be a easy solo with fighting from behind while pet tanks, but you are too far away from behind which is crazy. like im 2/3 of completing aymur now and with this nerf i rather just chuck it and start again and do burtgang as it has become that bad.

so if you can devs make reward like it was 22 yalms or whatever it was, and if fighting to 16 yalms ready, so we can actually survive from being on aoe conal hits.

hope devs can do something but changing command to just ready move <pet> instead of <me> and if its still 7 yalms will be no change at all, but if the devs can explain what changing name will do for us would be appreciated.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    Because they were before and it was one of the things that made people like the job. Why should every job be the same?
    They don't have to be the same but BST was too powerful so SE needed to take action to balance the game, I know your army of BSTs will come in and say "We're not stronger than DDs", "We're not better tanks than PLD" but you roll 3 party roles into one job, that is over-powered. Was the distance nerf the way to combat this? Probably not, in the grand scheme of things it hasn't changed a lot, half the BST are still going in and doing what they were doing before while the other half are here in the forums complaining that they can no longer play their job.

But I suppose that's what you guys are good at, you made a huge fuss over the changes to Spur JPs even though SE clearly stated Spur was never meant to work it had been and that had been a bug they were fixing.
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    In that case I will leave you be, you can all pat yourselves on the back and tell eachother you're right while liking eachothers comments and chewing out anyone who thinks otherwise, heaven forbid someone new comes in here and doesn't dare support the hypothesis that BST has been victimised.
    (3)

SE, please listen to the people paying you to play BST. The range Nerf didn't do anything but negatively impact the playability of our job. Changing the target from "me" to "pet" does not address the fact the playability was negatively impacted.

Tidis, read what most BST have said. Most of us admit the pet dmg is op like BLU, BLM, SCH and SMN are op. We're not advocating they be nerfed but we just don't like how our job "plays" after the Nerf.

It's not even necessarily the fact we're expected to frontline that is the most important issue. While other jobs have had trait and gear progression with their frontline intent in mind, ours wasn't because before the Nerf that was never a thought and our gear is designed to completely render either the pet useless or us completely useless and if this new concept is going to work SE needs to invest dev time into completely revamping our gear and traits to make sense as if our job had naturally progressed them with that in mind.

If that isn't something SE has dev time for we should see them roll back the Nerf instead of dipping it in a new color without addressing the issues it created.

I don't want to argue about our differing opinions, but I do want SE to let us enjoy whatever remaining time we have on this game we all love.
    (7)
    Last edited by Jile; 10-29-2015 at 02:07 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast