Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Oooooo~

Anyways, BLU doesn't look like it is going to be on the chopping block anytime soon. BLU has to balance their spells and traits. They also have to maintain a balance on MP use if you're a non-Tizzy BLU. I main BLU and do it very well. I'm very happy that BST was nerfed. I haven't partied with one since the update and don't ever plan on inviting one ever again. See, I got pretty pissed when I was rejected from shouts and it was the "BST only days". Now, I can mill around on BLU with a spell-set that gives me the ability to mitigate damage, heal, enfeeble, buff, and toss out damage with either swords or clubs. A "real" BST-main will know how to work around the nerf, but everyone else that jumped onto the BST-bandwagon are going to keep this thread alive.
    BST is level 15, has been for years. I'm just sick of seeing the attitude of "the nail that sticks up gets hammered down".

And maybe I'll get lucky and someday soon BLU will get nerfed to hell and then DNC will be wanted for things.
    (3)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    BST is level 15, has been for years. I'm just sick of seeing the attitude of "the nail that sticks up gets hammered down".

And maybe I'll get lucky and someday soon BLU will get nerfed to hell and then DNC will be wanted for things.
    A nail that sticks out is potentially dangerous, so it is better to hammer it back into place. Also, a nail that sticks out are signs of damaged infrastructure. A nail left sticking out on its own can also just probably rust and fall off without ever being noticed and get buried somewhere. DNC has a lot going for it, maybe you just need better people around you. I'm sorry you feel left out.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Oooooo~

Anyways, BLU doesn't look like it is going to be on the chopping block anytime soon. BLU has to balance their spells and traits. They also have to maintain a balance on MP use if you're a non-Tizzy BLU. I main BLU and do it very well. I'm very happy that BST was nerfed. I haven't partied with one since the update and don't ever plan on inviting one ever again. See, I got pretty pissed when I was rejected from shouts and it was the "BST only days". Now, I can mill around on BLU with a spell-set that gives me the ability to mitigate damage, heal, enfeeble, buff, and toss out damage with either swords or clubs. A "real" BST-main will know how to work around the nerf, but everyone else that jumped onto the BST-bandwagon are going to keep this thread alive.
    I wonder what you would have thought if someone said this to you before the bst nerf...

BLU has a lot going for it, maybe you just need better people around you. I'm sorry you feel left out.
    (1)

Player
    Now, I can mill around on BLU with a spell-set that gives me the ability to mitigate damage, heal, enfeeble, buff, and toss out damage with either swords or clubs.
    I see.

A "real" BST-main will know how to work around the nerf, but everyone else that jumped onto the BST-bandwagon are going to keep this thread alive
    Your main class is shown as BST, btw.

Honestly, enjoy your BLU instead of provoking player's who lost their favorite job. Bandwagon player's dont care much about nerf, they move onto next bandwagon. The person's who really got hurt with the "adjustment" are the "real" Beastmasters, who playing this job since years.
    Most people will agree, that some balancing work needs to be done. And people complained over years that they couldn't bring jobs to events. The wanted jobs changed, thats it. Lately it was BST, before it was THF, and next it will be BLU.
    With adjusting the BST range they went too far, because the bandwagon train leaves this job now in an absurd state. And this makes said people angry and they complain.
    (2)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Honestly, we have already had a thread asking blue not to be nerfed but..

But now we know its been into battle into both ends of needs to be nerfed, needs to be increased and spit right back out in which you cant have it going both ways. Now as to the events in certain jobs not wanting to be wanted to be played into them in Reality it's not the jobs at fault it's more on the events at fault in how they were created having said certain jobs included in which its really the mobs/monsters that where created plus there type of difficulty through the runs that make it to be chosen to certain jobs and it could be the outlaying exterior of the set up your running through to be the set up of choice so I wouldn't necessarily blame its the jobs faults as I would more so on the way the events or battlefields that were created before hand as they were implemented into the game. Yup this is a topic on blue but seeing its covering bst and the ability to enter types of battlefields over jobs as well.
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 10-03-2015 at 03:48 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthos View Post
    I see.

Your main class is shown as BST, btw.

Honestly, enjoy your BLU instead of provoking player's who lost their favorite job. Bandwagon player's dont care much about nerf, they move onto next bandwagon. The person's who really got hurt with the "adjustment" are the "real" Beastmasters, who playing this job since years.
    Most people will agree, that some balancing work needs to be done. And people complained over years that they couldn't bring jobs to events. The wanted jobs changed, thats it. Lately it was BST, before it was THF, and next it will be BLU.
    With adjusting the BST range they went too far, because the bandwagon train leaves this job now in an absurd state. And this makes said people angry and they complain.
    I never provoked anyone. Go back to the first page and you'll understand how this mess started. I really, really wanted to know if BLU was going to have its breath spell arsenal buffed or not. And yes, I have BST listed and was my first job back in 2011. I used it to level an alt and break 75.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    DNC has a lot going for it, maybe you just need better people around you. I'm sorry you feel left out.
    Yeah, problem is, the "better" people on my server, at least, seem to all be people who mock and insult me for playing DNC, asking to come to things as DNC, or suggesting that people play things that are fun. I've had enough abuse from some of them that I'm quite positive I could have had them banned over what they've told me in /tell, and I've had more than one person hunt me down out of game to heap abuse upon me. There was quite a peak in that stuff, too, after I reported a pretty major DNC Job Point related bug here, and it was so bad I quit the game for a month to get away from it.

I've also had people put out the theory that Asura is just a server full of angry people, and that I've become an angry person since trying to do serious end game stuff as DNC.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Yeah, problem is, the "better" people on my server, at least, seem to all be people who mock and insult me for playing DNC, asking to come to things as DNC, or suggesting that people play things that are fun. I've had enough abuse from some of them that I'm quite positive I could have had them banned over what they've told me in /tell, and I've had more than one person hunt me down out of game to heap abuse upon me. There was quite a peak in that stuff, too, after I reported a pretty major DNC Job Point related bug here, and it was so bad I quit the game for a month to get away from it.

I've also had people put out the theory that Asura is just a server full of angry people, and that I've become an angry person since trying to do serious end game stuff as DNC.
    That sounds more like bullying and you should have reported them. Heck the one that done so outside of the game especially should have been reported to the police.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5