Would it be possible to add an attachment that improves Automaton casting AI? At the moment, the Spiritreaver head is proficient for magic bursts and deals respectable damage, however there is a fairly major flaw in Automaton casting AI.

Currently, Automaton's will attempt to cast the strongest spell that will magic burst, regardless of it's target's elemental weakness or defense. This is especially annoying when the Automaton casts a spell that the target absorbs. The only way to ensure that the Automaton casts the right spell is to make the level one skillchain corresponding to the spell you want to cast. This is quite difficult to control when solo, and is typically not worthwhile for parties. It also means that you can't trust the Automaton to stay engaged, as it might decide to start casting a spell that your target strongly resists(wasting MP) or outright absorbs. Using Retrieve doesn't even stop the spell from being cast, you have to Deactivate the Automaton to stop it from casting. There was a time when this was a worthwhile strategy to refill MP, but with enhanced maneuver duration and the heavy need for the magic accuracy from Tranquilizers with three ice maneuvers up, you effectively just lose thirty seconds to putting back up maneuvers before your Automaton can function again.

I don't specifically want an attachment that scans elemental resistance and picks the best spell(although that would be nice), but just an improvement to Automaton casting AI so it won't waste MP on a strongly resisted spell, or even worse heal the target with an element that is absorbed.

Changing gears, are there monsters that resist or are immune to the effects of Target Marker? Specifically, Vir'ava in Eshca-Ru'ann. Using my maximum accuracy sets on Beastmaster and with Bolstered Torpor, Sabotoured Distract III, Crooked Card 11 Drachen Roll, Familiar, Run Wild and Shiromochi+1, I can land ready moves with some consistency. Under the same conditions with my Automaton, using Overdrive, Target Marker and Optic Fiber, with Thunder Light Fire up(unsure if Optic Fiber enhances the effects of target marker or not) I still can't hit worth a damn. The majority of my Automaton's accuracy comes from Target Marker, so is the content specifically designed for Target Marker not to work, does Vir'ava have non static evasion or is this simply a bug like when Target Marker didn't work in High tier mission battlefields?

Last question, would it be possible to make an attachment that ignores magic evasion the same way that Target marker ignores regular evasion? I understand that there would be concerns over the Automaton being able to enfeeble very strong targets in this instance, but a well geared Red Mage can still do a far better job with much stronger Enfeebles anyhow. As for damage, there is a great deal of difficulty with the Automaton landing an unresisted spell on high level content. After level 128, it becomes quite difficult to land spells. Players have access to large amount of gear, buffs and INT to mitigate this problem. Automaton's have access to fairly low amounts of Magic accuracy gear, much lower INT, Puppet's roll(80 m.acc at most) Frazzle III and Geo-Languor.

That's all I have. I'm actually totally satisfied with my Automaton in all other areas.

P.S. I forgot, Ice Maker consumes Ice Maneuvers when the Automaton closes a skillchain. Is that working as intended? It doesn't boost damage and is kind of a pain in the ass.