Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[dev1289] BST Job Adjustments

Reducing the range Beastmasters can use Ready, Sic, Run Wild & Reward? I mean you have to be somewhat close to them already to use the abilities, Why reduce it further? What's wrong with the range at the moment?
    (7)
    Last edited by Morovich; 09-24-2015 at 05:08 AM.

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Morovich View Post
    Reducing the range Beastmasters can use Ready, Sic, Run Wild & Reward? I mean you have to be somewhat close to them already to use the abilities, Why reduce it further? What's wrong with the range at the moment?
    They are reducing it as beastmasters are playing their jobs as they were summoners but with more attack and defense on their pets. Not to mention you wear heavy armor which gives you more defense yourself makes almost 0 risk for you to do almost anything in the game.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Morovich View Post
    SE is intentionally making Beastmaster unplayable for relevant content with one Nerf-date. A few people begged SE to make BST unplayable because their respective jobs were not being asked for during events rather than boosting dmg for their own jobs.

BST are not playing like they're SMN, they're playing like the solo-jobs we have always been. This distance has been 'required' for BST to be playable from day one, changing it will fundamentally change how BST is played - if its played at all. It's a major mistake on SE's part and I hope they reconsider before they make yet another mistake making unnecessary adjustments.

The nerf-date has nothing to do with balance, it has to do with making the half dozen people that complain on forums happy. No jobs in 2015 should ever be nerfed into unplayability like this, jobs that are weak should be getting boosts so all can be played enjoyably with whatever playtime remains as SE loses whats left of its remaining loyal playerbase.
    (6)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    This distance has been 'required' for BST to be playable from day one
    Not sure how you use to play bst back in the day but i and everyone else i knew who played it always fought with the pets they charmed. They gave bst heavy armor for a reason. The new content has more danger due to constant aoe attacks but you can't expect to have i think it was put "A pet with the HP of a mantra monk galka, the weaponskill damage of a samurai, the damage taken of a paladin and the attack power of a warrior" all from a safe distance with no draw back.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    Not sure how you use to play bst back in the day but i and everyone else i knew who played it always fought with the pets they charmed. They gave bst heavy armor for a reason. The new content has more danger due to constant aoe attacks but you can't expect to have i think it was put "A pet with the HP of a mantra monk galka, the weaponskill damage of a samurai, the damage taken of a paladin and the attack power of a warrior" all from a safe distance with no draw back.
    It's hard to explain this to someone who never soloed something like Narasimha or Merrow No. 5 where BST never engaged as they did not want any enmity. That said, BST cannot be useful at the same time a jugpet is useful, nor can we survive dmg when our gear is set for pets to survive. Lack of understanding like yours about BST is precisely why the nerf is happening. SMN will continue to stand out of range in safely while BST will be unplayable from update forward on targets of any challenge and value.
    (4)
    Last edited by Jile; 09-12-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    It's hard to explain this to someone who never soloed something like Narasimha or Merrow No. 5 where BST never engaged as they did not want any enmity. That said, BST cannot be useful at the same time a jugpet is useful, nor can we survive dmg when our gear is set for pets to survive. Lack of understanding like yours about BST is precisely why the nerf is happening. SMN will continue to stand out of range in safely while BST will be unplayable from update forward on targets of any challenge and value.
    If you want to convince SE to allow summoners to wear heavy armor then please do, i would be glad not to wimp out behind everyone else complaining i have to choose between pet and owner.
    (0)

BST have to choose. Def or atk or acc on either pet or themselves, and only one really of those six variables up at a time. This update proves only that whomever is doing this update does not play BST. Neither BST nor SMN belong on the frontline for relevant content, period.
    (4)

If you want to convince SE to allow summoners to wear heavy armor then please do, i would be glad not to wimp out behind everyone else complaining i have to choose between pet and owner.
    Heavy armor means jack squat. It's the stats on the armor that matter - and if BST's pets are going to hit anything or not die in a couple hits, BST need to wear armor that augments their pets - but armor that augments their pets sucks for the master - meaning BST has to either have a useless pet - or be useless themselves.

If the change included the change that all stats on armor applied to our pets and our pets got buffs like players - then I would be fine with it - but it doesn't. It just makes BST useless for all content.
    (7)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Summoners don't need to be near the NM and after the update, they will be even further away. Why do they need heavy armor?

And why is it okay for summoners to have "A pet with the HP of a mantra monk galka, the weaponskill damage of 10 samurai, the damage taken of a paladin and the attack power of a warrior The buffs of several jobs, healing and infinite lives all from a safe distance with no draw back"?
    (4)
    Last edited by bazookatooth; 09-12-2015 at 04:57 AM.

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    Summoners don't need to be near the NM and after the update, they will be even further away. Why do they need heavy armor?

And why is it okay for summoners to have "A pet with the HP of a mantra monk galka, the weaponskill damage of 10 samurai, the damage taken of a paladin and the attack power of a warrior The buffs of several jobs, healing and infinite lives all from a safe distance with no draw back"?
    I said the heavy armor bit in a ironic term.
    As for the rest of your comment i'm surprised my brain didn't liquefy from reading how stupid that sounds. Avatars cannot tank anything endgame without dying in a couple of hits unless i stack nothing but pet damage taken even then i'm limited in options, while i do admit we can do a big single target attack still fails in comparison to what beast can do with their AoE pet attacks, Our buffs are mostly still stuck at 75 stats, what healing are you talking about? you mean carby, levi and garuda's bp's? so am i limited to just 3 avatars then to appease your statement? As for draw back there are many to summoners. I like all other jobs bar beastmaster have to carry multiple sets of equipment to do our job, i have to watch mp to make sure i can do attacks and i gain enmity from every command i issue even assault.
    (1)

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast