Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    When this update take place a lot of things will happen. Bst will suck so bad that it's not worth playing anymore. A lot of people might stop playing FFXI. Since it's actually a nerf to bst SE and the team should just come out and say it's a nerf. It doesn't make sense at this point because they allow this Bst range to run for 7 and 8 years and they are taking it away now.

Keeping pet alive is already difficult and gil consuming so it's gonna be really bad if you gonna keep the master alive and the pet. It be very tough for bst to avoid Mijin Gakure and astral flow. It be difficult to fight big dragons since some of them can AOE Breakga, Sleepga and other bad TP move.

Smn is getting more buffer when they are already a good job. Smn is no where the same as bst since we need food to keep our pet alive and that cost gil. Smn have free pet and they can summon it as many times as they want while bst have to wait on timer like call beast. SMN can also buffer party up to 3 or 4 different buffer and Bst cannot do that. Ranger too is a safe job and they are no different from Bst. Bandwagon of ranger have been running for 2 years or more so it's time they give Bst a 1 year run before adjustment. :/

So for all the bst player out there whom spend 100+ million on gear Augments items I hope you continue playing. Maybe the nerf won't happen and If it does than bst ranged is only reduce by 1 or 2 and not -10. I hope I am wrong about this and the update is not that bad but good.
    (2)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    As for the rest of your comment i'm surprised my brain didn't liquefy from reading how stupid that sounds.
    Likewise.

Avatars cannot tank anything endgame without dying in a couple of hits unless i stack nothing but pet damage taken even then i'm limited in options,
    Oh, you mean like the 40 million in Pet DT- and regen gear I use for endgame and still have my pets die? Yeah, I really feel for you. /smh

while i do admit we can do a big single target attack still fails in comparison to what beast can do with their AoE pet attacks
    Patently false. The only thing that pet AOE attacks are good for is killing fodder. Single target ready moves are better damage over time. Ifrit on the other hand is happy to cap the damage meter at 99,999 on end game content.

Our buffs are mostly still stuck at 75 stats,
    Our buffs are stuck at... they don;t exist.

what healing are you talking about? you mean carby, levi and garuda's bp's? so am i limited to just 3 avatars then to appease your statement?
    Yes, those are 3 more healing pets than bst has and you are subbing a job with cures and refresh.

As for draw back there are many to summoners. I like all other jobs bar beastmaster have to carry multiple sets of equipment to do our job, i have to watch mp to make sure i can do attacks and i gain enmity from every command i issue even assault.
    You really have no idea whatsoever how bst works do you? I have just as much gear for BST as I do for SMN. I have different sets for healing, attacking, tanking, regen, dt-, physical ready moves, magical ready moves, my own dt-, attack, regen etc sets and a slew of other things I'm probably forgetting. Just like I do on my summoner. It's virtually identical really.

And for what it's worth, I like many other beast masters will probably be doing the exact same things I do on bst on my summoner after this nerf, so get ready to defend yourself when people start complaining about all the summoners ruining the game.
    (3)

I said the heavy armor bit in a ironic term.
    As for the rest of your comment i'm surprised my brain didn't liquefy from reading how stupid that sounds. Avatars cannot tank anything endgame without dying in a couple of hits unless i stack nothing but pet damage taken even then i'm limited in options, while i do admit we can do a big single target attack still fails in comparison to what beast can do with their AoE pet attacks, Our buffs are mostly still stuck at 75 stats, what healing are you talking about? you mean carby, levi and garuda's bp's? so am i limited to just 3 avatars then to appease your statement? As for draw back there are many to summoners. I like all other jobs bar beastmaster have to carry multiple sets of equipment to do our job, i have to watch mp to make sure i can do attacks and i gain enmity from every command i issue even assault.
    LOL.......
    You think BST don't have multiple sets of gear? I'm going to presume your brain sincerely did liquify as that's hilarious stuff. A good BST may have 100 plus pieces not to mention jugs, foods, pet foods etc.

As SMN was one of my orig 75's I know you carry alot to play well, just saying don't presume a good BST doesn't.
    (3)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Then where is all this complaining about how the job is going to die cause you need to get closer? If you have the gear to get close to do a command then use it and get over it. This complaining makes me think you want your cake and to eat it too as you want all the benefits of heavy armor, all the -DT for pet and still be able to use all your other sets at the same time.
    (1)

Then where is all this complaining about how the job is going to die cause you need to get closer? If you have the gear to get close to do a command then use it and get over it. This complaining makes me think you want your cake and to eat it too as you want all the benefits of heavy armor, all the -DT for pet and still be able to use all your other sets at the same time.
    I'll repeat. With some highlighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    BST have to choose. Def or atk or acc on either pet or themselves, and only one really of those six variables up at a time. This update proves only that whomever is doing this update does not play BST. Neither BST nor SMN belong on the frontline for relevant content, period.
    We want to be able to play and not die because we use a job ability. If you have to use pdt/mdt on self to run in for Bp but now your pet does 200dmg Bp instead of 10000 and causes you to either die or come close every Bp, then we'd be closer to the same issue.
    (3)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hahaha at all these BST tears. Love them. And the arguments of how if they get near a mob it will kill them.... as if all other DD don't have that same problem... special snowflakes the lot of you.
    (5)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Protey, weren't you with us when we were fighting the Acrimonious "Dullan" (private joke) when it did it's move that deals massive damage and I was the only one that died? And everybody laughed at my bst tears. And yes, I was in -50 pdt gear, just like everyone, and had protect / shell on and still took significantly more damage than everyone else on my bst. So no, all other DD's don't have it as bad as bst does. BST needs some serious help if it's to get close to the mob.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    Hahaha at all these BST tears. Love them. And the arguments of how if they get near a mob it will kill them.... as if all other DD don't have that same problem... special snowflakes the lot of you.
    Remember that when you're the one that has to keep us standing LOL
    (1)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Protey, weren't you with us when we were fighting the Acrimonious "Dullan" (private joke) when it did it's move that deals massive damage and I was the only one that died? And everybody laughed at my bst tears. And yes, I was in -50 pdt gear, just like everyone, and had protect / shell on and still took significantly more damage than everyone else on my bst. So no, all other DD's don't have it as bad as bst does. BST needs some serious help if it's to get close to the mob.
    The Dylan!!!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE is intentionally making Beastmaster unplayable for relevant content with one Nerf-date. A few people begged SE to make BST unplayable because their respective jobs were not being asked for during events rather than boosting dmg for their own jobs.
    Now, as a carveat: I do not play BST and I have no opinion of its power in the game right now and don't have the capability to fairly judge it, so I won't.

That said: It is poor balancing policy (in ANY game) to boost everything else up to the strongest thing. You don't balance a game by buffing everything that isn't the strongest. Nobody enjoys nerfs, but mass buffings cause more problems than they solve most of the time. It also accelerates power creep, because as soon as someone finds another imbalance (which is a certainty), that means another round of buffings and more power creep in a neverending cycle. Not only that, but it's less costly (less work) to adjust one job than 21 others.
    (1)

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast